Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Octane Quivers??? >

Octane Quivers???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Quivers???

Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Octane Quivers???

I didn't pay $150 for mine. It was $120 for my one piece.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

MeanV thanks for the list of features. So it isn't "just" something that holds your arrow for you.....
As far as I can tell that is all it does unless it has the"fletch your arrows feature" and he forgot to mention it .
Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of the neat features is that you can lower it down on your haul rope and pick up dropped arrows. Sweeeeeet! (if you drop arrows from yer stand that is)

Is it better than a $30 quiver? ...well that's up each of us to decide. Ain't America great?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: gutshot

MeanV thanks for the list of features. So it isn't "just" something that holds your arrow for you.....
As far as I can tell that is all it does unless it has the"fletch your arrows feature" and he forgot to mention it .
I forgot about that feature[8D]

Another neat thing about the Magnetic hood is if you are shooting a 1 pc. and prefer to have it off the bow. All you have to do is screw a step in above your head and just stick the quiver on it

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do they make one of these for a crossbow? I hear they may have a new market in PA soon LMAO .
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

This goes along with the "Bow hunting a rich mans sport" thread. There are all kinds of things out there that will get the job done and get it done well. I have the $30 bohning lynx quiver and do not see anyhting else that I would need from a quiver. Some people just like to have the best things out there that are available to them. It does not make them better at hunting it doesn't make you any worse at hunting. It's just stuff in the end.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Been using an Alpine Soft-lok on both my bows for the last 5 years. I hang my quiver in the stand so it meets my needs just fine. I'm not sure of all the advantages of the Octane, but there cant be enough for me to part with that kind of coin.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been looking at this trying to justify it's purchase also. I really do like the fact that it has the magnetic hood. I have completely worn out the foam inside my Fuse quiver. So either way I need to purchase new foam or a new quiver. I also really like the looks. As for the price, that is for every individual to deal with. What is expensive to one person is cheap to another. Never in my life would I ever consider or be able to purchase a 6 figure car yet the parking lot at my office has over 10 of them in it. I can't even imagine. But for them it was a normal purchase.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I have completely worn out the foam inside my Fuse quiver. So either way I need to purchase new foam or a new quiver.
If you are looking for a quiver that doesn't use foam you should check out the New Dawn Outdoors Vortxx 6STX. Excellent quiver that holds up to lots of use.

http://www.newdawnoutdoors.com/quivers.htm

You can get them here for $36.99 - http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/vortxx-arrow-quiver-p-5911.html

Old 07-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

I don’t know if it’s worth $150. But it is very cool. When I was at the shop looking at it the other day I didn’t have any arrows with me so I hung tree spikes(steps) from it. When the other guys there saw the spikes hanging from it they all had to check it out.