Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Octane Quivers??? >

Octane Quivers???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Quivers???

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Octane Quivers???

I was at the local Gander MOuntain the other night looking at the archery stuff and ran across the Octane Quivers and couldn't believe the price on these bad boys. The one that struck me cost $149.95, is this thing worth that kind of scratch?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Octane Quivers???

Is a climbing stand worth $500+?

It's all relative to what you feel comfortable spending. I paid $30 for the Bohning I use, now.....but I'll "probably" have an octane on my bow this fall. I'm just waiting to hear some more reviews before I take the plunge.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech still makes the economical line of Quivers, but if you like and appreciate aTop quality quiver with features no other quiver will have you will Love the Octane quivers.

The Dealers I stay in touch with say they are selling as fast as they can get them in.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of features could this thing have that would make 5x better then a $30.00 Bohning? I'm sorry I don't see it...
Old 07-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Please don't take this the wrong way, gutshot.....but what makes a $3,500 Rolex 100X better than a $35 Timex?

It's all about "pride of ownership"....and what one is willing to pay for it.

I don't begrudge any man for his personal purchases....as long as they aren't taking away from their family's overall well-being.

No malice....just a different perspective.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Machined Aluminum parts, Magnetic arrow holder in hood automatically centers the arrow, infinite adjustability, and both 1 pc. & 2pc. are quick detach.

This might be the last quiver you will have to buy.

I have always appreciated top quality accessories, and realize they cost a premium.

While not for everyone, there will be many that use, and appreciate the Octane quivers.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

What kind of features could this thing have that would make 5x better then a $30.00 Bohning? I'm sorry I don't see it...
I like the look of mine and how it matches my bow and I love the magnet hood. An arrow will never come out while climbing up a stand/climber.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff no offense taken. It kind of goes along my way of thinking.It's not that the quiver is 5X better it'sjust being able to say that I've got a $150.00 quiver. And please don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge a man for being able to pay that much for a quiver, more power to them, I personally couldn't justify it in my own mind.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

What kind of features could this thing have ..............
Well, one of them, the magnets,will throw your compass off if you have it near the quiver when you take a reading. Well worth the extra $100 if you ask me LOL .
Old 07-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

MeanV thanks for the list of features. So it isn't "just" something that holds your arrow for you.....

Quick Reply: Octane Quivers???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.