Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Limbsaver's Bow

Old 07-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Limbsaver's Bow

My Tribute slowly developed a noise last season. It is not normal. A "slap" at the end of the shot, not a "thud" like 99% of the bows sound like today. I've tried everything. Had it torn down last year, completely checked, still made the noise. Replaced the strings and had it torn down again this year, still making the same noise. According to Bowtech, this is "normal".

If Bowtech doesn't take care of me, I'll be going out and buying a bow before I shoot my Tribute again. Nearly lost both of the deer I shot on video last year because they jumped my string (bad), and that was the closest I've come to loosing any animal in something like 8 or 9 years. It will not happen this year.

Anyone know if Scheels sells them? I have no shops down here - I'd love to shoot one!
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED

The new limbsavers bow is the best bow on the market.
Well if you're comparing it to a Mathews, yeah. I guess so. j/k...j/k.....

it doesnt take much to be better than Mathews
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

My Tribute slowly developed a noise last season. It is not normal. A "slap" at the end of the shot, not a "thud" like 99% of the bows sound like today. I've tried everything. Had it torn down last year, completely checked, still made the noise. Replaced the strings and had it torn down again this year, still making the same noise. According to Bowtech, this is "normal".

If Bowtech doesn't take care of me, I'll be going out and buying a bow before I shoot my Tribute again. Nearly lost both of the deer I shot on video last year because they jumped my string (bad), and that was the closest I've come to loosing any animal in something like 8 or 9 years. It will not happen this year.

Anyone know if Scheels sells them? I have no shops down here - I'd love to shoot one!
You know Todd I notice that, it did not dawn on me until you said it.When you shot I thought damn that was loud. Being it's on video it'stough to tell.

Your bow was "loud" compare to most bowtechs I have heard. The guardian barley makes a peep.

EDIT:

Let me add the first deer was because you and Kyle were having a conversation aboutif he had her inthe shotIMO Any bow would have got jumped in the situation

I don't recall about Tall Tines.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I have a buddy with the same problem with his bowtech VERY LOUD SLAP AT THE END OF THE SHOT
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Germ,

I hear you about the doe. Let me just add this. Last year, going into the season, I hadn't not shot a deer "perfectly" in 8 years. This is solely due to how much I practice. I ALWAYS aim a couple inches low to counter-act the natural drop that any deer will have at 15 or more yards.

Both the doe I shot and the buck I shot wouldn't have dropped as far if it wasn't for the rifle-like sound my bow makes - period! This is just common sense.

This season I will have a quiet bow, and continue to practice my friggen butt off until I have that "deadly" feeling like I need to have when I walk in the woods.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

I hear ya Todd
I have some extra 550 grain arrows

ROSS bows have been quietest bows I have owned. They are now owned by Bowtech now, so I don't know if that will change.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

its a freaking ugly bow. i heard it shoots nice though
Old 07-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can personally say I dont care what the bow looks like. Maybe its just me but I dont think that a deer is gonna worry about how the bow looks that is getting ready to put him down. But I do understand that some people see this as a factor when purchasing stuff.

As with any company that starts out with something new, there will be bugs to work out and as time goes on it will get better and better. Of course this bow is going to seem (or may be) more quiet, It is made by SIMS which has made alot of money off quieting our bows down.

I believe tht as time passes this new bow will begin to emerge toward the front of the pack for performance and hopefully (the biggest thing to me) reliability. Time will tell.
Just my 2cents
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Primarily, one thing controls product development - $$$. Sim's has the money, that's why I believe they started at ground zero when they developed this bow - and have backed it up with more testing than probably many of the current bow companies have ever done. Makes me want to try it anyway.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Todd I bet if you contacted them, they would send you one to try

Does anyone know are these dealer only bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.