Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good?

Old 03-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default good?

you all should know my story by now...well in 14days i can apply for jobs so ive been looking at bows online so i know what to look at when i do goto the proshop with the money in my pocket....i like martin bows in general..they seem to have a nice small AtA..a decint brace height which buckmagnet said is good..and i like the way they look in general..is martin a good manufacturer in general?? are their bows pretty reliable and accurate??? thanx..like i said..i never touched one..just looking online for a bow with a small AtA meauser(36" or under) and a longer brace legnth because buckmagnet said thats a nice thing to have..and the bow and accessories and arrows and a release should be around 500$..if not i can get the arrows and release for more..i want a good reliable small hunting bow that is accurate...anyones you think i should look at?? i have no expierience with bow manufacturers so i dont know which ones are reliable and such...im not looking for a small bow because im small just seems nice and would be nice in a stand i think...im going on 16 and im bigger than my dad who is decint sized so dont give me a name of a kids bow...thanx alot..
Old 03-02-2003, 05:22 PM

Default RE: good?

Have you thought about the Hoyt Havotec you might be able to get a good deal on last years leftover? good luck on what you decide to get and happy shooting.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:29 PM

I have the Fred Bear TRX and i really like it, but Hoyt is a great bow also.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:48 PM

I used to shoot Martin bows, Darn good bow company! Now I' m shooting a McPherson Intimidator,just fell in love with it! Can' t think of anything bad to say about Martin, the Firecat I used to shoot competively put alot of money in my pocket, wish I still had it.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

For your first bow you might want to consider a " package deal" that some companies offer. Check out the Parker bows. They are excelent bows and cost less than alot of the other top of the line bows out there.

http://www.parkerbows.com/
Old 03-02-2003, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have always been pleased with my Martin bows (I have owned 5 over the years). My main bow now is a Martin Cougar Mag with the Fury Cam, my back up is a Phantom Mag with the Fury Cam as well, both bows have been excellent. I started on a martin recurve and compound, strayed away for a number of years only to come back to martin 3 years ago. They may not be the fastest on the shelf, but they are very dependable and I have found them forgiving and accurate. The only thing I have ever done to a martin was change the strings and regular maint. I can' t say the same for some other brands. I think you' d be very pleased with a martin bow, heck their are a lot of great bows out now. It boils down to cash and what fits you for your needs.
Old 03-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

since 2 guys had no prolblems with martins i think i will look at them....adn i really like the hoyt..but i think it probly carrys the price tag that comes with the name...but i have a dealr right out the road...i will see..maybe its only 350 or 400 and i can still get it and not spend way over what id like to...if i dont get a job i wont be buying anything!!! i hope giant eagle is hiering in 2 weeks or so!!! thanx guys..
Old 03-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would tend to agree with some of the other comments. The Martin company and their current lineup are top notch. They make an excellent product but do not push the marketing as heavily as some other companies. However, from what I have seen of their new ad campaign, it is sure to turn some heads....

Old 03-02-2003, 08:52 PM

funny that you posted that picture i got my new bowhunting mag the other day and it took a few minutes to turn the page it is a very nice looking bow.
as many post i have read and replied to conserning you buying a bow i get the idea that you are pretty serious about becoming a bow hunter! and it dose not really matter , you are in it for the long haul. my normal post conserning this topic is, to not spend a but load of money on the first bow, but i think you might be an exception to my rule. meaning, i think you already have the fever and just do not know it yet. I cannot wait until next year when you get up close and personal for the first time with a bow. i think you ought to consider a better than begenner bow even if that means not being able to have all the bells and whistles when you walk out of the shop, hunting season is a way off!! Get a good bow, a rest and a sight , you will be able to shoot, and get the rest a little at a time.
as i already said this is not my normal response to the beginner but i think it is a good response to you.
I have absolutly no experience with martin bows so i cannot help you there but there are a lot of quality bows out there like HOYT that new cam and a half is awsome.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes jimmya...i definently have the fever already...for hte last month of so ive been picturing shots while falling asleep and then when i fall asleep i have dreams about bowhunting...i cant wait!! i think i might actually consider a more expensive bow because truely i am in this for a long while..im an adrenalin junky...its what keeps me waking up every morning...and i know just seeing a deer at 10yds is a rush..but taking on at 10yds with a bow will be much greater...and really buying one good bow to last me a good few years will save me money instead of buying 3 cheap bows i dont like and cant shoot good...and im not one to make excuses if i miss..i get so mad at myself its not funny..even if its a tree rat..i practice shooting year round theres no reason to miss..i dont want to beable to blam my cheap bow...if i do my part i want my equiptment to do its share...and shooting my bow i will do tons of...all summer even if its just before we go out on the boat or something like that i can still get off 20 arrows..i spend so much time here at my gramas it will be perfect..i dont have much of a yard so i cant shot at home..i cant wait..i hope i get the job im after..give me 2 months and i will have a decint amount of money and i dont care what my dad says..i have good points behind buying an expensive bow and all the best accessories..he SHOULD understand..if not its my money anyways..he will just be...dissappointed..until im bagging monster bucks every year! lol...thanx guys...i wil check out martins and hoyts and others when i do goto the bow shop..im lucky to have a big dealer out the road....

Quick Reply: good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.