Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do your bucks look like now? >

What do your bucks look like now?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do your bucks look like now?

Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do your bucks look like now?

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: TJF

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I saw 4 tonight.... Two of them were yearlings one was nice and the otherwas a "gagger" I am going to set a cam up on them tomorrow....
[/blockquote]

We had to run out to the farm tonight so we did some glassingof the usual haunts. Guess who we seen?? He isa little past the G4 and it looks like he is going to haveG4 on his right side this year. Looks like it is about an inch so far. Theleft side G4is a couple inches.

Tim

[/blockquote]

Good god Tim, that isa stud..............and just think, he's got 2x months to grow!
That is a photo from last year Mr. James....[8D]
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

That makes a bit more sense. [8D]

I figured Tim had him tied to a tree with an IV of miracle grow plugged directly into him.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to check my cameras yesterday. I forgot the key to unlock one of them from the tree so I couldn't get it open, and the other one is having some "issues" where it likes to continuously take a photo every 1 minute until the memory card fills up or the batteries die from the flash going off several hundred times. I'm going to have to look at it more closely and find out what is wrong with it. I'm sure the deer must love the light show it's putting on for them all night.

My other two cams aren't going out until this weekend.

So to sum this up, I have nothing to add to this thread.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

The bucks around here look like they are 90% developed. I have already seen two bucks that would enter the 100" range and one stud that I passed on last year, glad to know he made it. That deer is already well above his ears and I call him tower. He is only about 14 to 15" wide and it seems like it goes straight up with some mass. Already a 9 point again this year with really nice browtines.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some look like this:

Others like this:

But my brother did see a bigger buck eating in a cornfeild last week and my cousin has pictures on his digital camera of a monster thats way past his ears.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most of the ones I've seen are big enough to get a rough estimate of how they'll look in the fall. Big ones are nice, little ones are still small. I saw one smallish one that looked very far along.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

These are my most recent pics that took place at the dates listed in the last couple weeks. I have seen some bucks that are nearly 70-80% grown though so they are putting on the bone quickly! Can't wait until October 1st!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the consensus that most deer reach theirantler peak in September?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

Is the consensus that most deer reach theirantler peak in September?
In my area, the older bucks are virtually done growing by the end of July - then they just harden their antlers till they loose velvet around Sept 1. Younger bucks develop later, but are also done growing by mid august.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with JoeRE. Bucks in my area usually have their full potential made obvious by mid july and are simply continuing to harden and shed their antlers by september 1st-15th.

Quick Reply: What do your bucks look like now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.