Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting >

What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Old 06-27-2008, 03:06 PM

Default What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

I kind of wanted to see what some of peoples greatest regrets are in hunting over the years be it, style, perceptions, attitude, whatever you think; mine is most definitely not getting out enough and choosing work over trips that I should have taken. I think when we give and honest assesment of our regrets our future hunts are a lot more rewarding.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Not starting bowhunting earlier in life.

Actually I did for 1 year in my teens. But just had tooooo much other stuff to do.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not waiting on nicer bucks earlier in my career. I lost a lot of time in the woods ending my seasons 1-2 weeks in.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much the same as JM. Never had an opportunity and had no knowledge of hunting till just a few years ago. Really wish that I grew up somewhere and around people that hunted so I could have started earlier. Part of the reason I am trying to get my girls into it at a young age. If they decide they don't want to continue at least they can't say they never had the opportunity.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Site Bouncer

TG78,

I don't regret anything and if I had to do it all over I'd probably end up doing the same things (hunting wise). I'm just humbled and in awe every time I get to go hunt. Sure there are hunts I'd have liked to go on that maybe I could have had I pressed the issue but then I would have missed something at home, with my family and no hunting is worth that. I love to hunt and go at it with as much enthusiasm and earnest as anyone but I know it's place in my life and it will always be secondary to my family and friends.

No, I don't regret anything I'm just happy to get out and hunt when I can. There will be a time and a place for everything. If that happens to include a hunting trip or two...or threedown the road, you can be I'll be on it. If not, I'm ok with that too.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:20 PM

I think my regret also leads to some of my problems with patience. Because I think that I should make more time to hunt and wish I would of in the past I always feel like I am behind and need to catch up.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Site Buck Guru

I regret the seasons I missed because I thought that chasing girls was more important at the time! []
Old 06-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

My biggest regret about hunting is not hunting with my dad more when I (and he) was younger. During high school and college I was too busy with school, sports, chasing girls, etc. to go hunting with Dad. I always said I have the rest of my life to go hunting with the old man.

Then you start a new job, and you don't have enough vacation time to go hunting with Dad. Then you get a wife and kids, and start grad school, and you're too busy to hunt with Dad again.

By the timemy hectic life settled down to allow me timeto hunt with my Dad, he wasn't able tohunt the way he used to. I was getting the bowhunting bug right about the time he was slowing down. We still go, but I wish I'd been able to hunt with him when he was in his prime. Back in the 80's that guy was an absolute bowhunting freak - the best bowhunter I ever saw.

That's my biggest and only regret about hunting - not hunting with my Dad more when he and I were younger. I wish I would have hunted with him more when he was in his prime. I was just too young and stupid to know what I was missing.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought about this a lot after reading this. I really couldn't come up with any regrets. I guess the only thing I would change would be the ones I missed.[&o]
Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not starting sooner . I got a late start i didn't get into it when i was young ,

Quick Reply: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.