HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting
Old 06-27-2008, 04:31 PM
gzg38b
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

My biggest regret about hunting is not hunting with my dad more when I (and he) was younger. During high school and college I was too busy with school, sports, chasing girls, etc. to go hunting with Dad. I always said I have the rest of my life to go hunting with the old man.

Then you start a new job, and you don't have enough vacation time to go hunting with Dad. Then you get a wife and kids, and start grad school, and you're too busy to hunt with Dad again.

By the timemy hectic life settled down to allow me timeto hunt with my Dad, he wasn't able tohunt the way he used to. I was getting the bowhunting bug right about the time he was slowing down. We still go, but I wish I'd been able to hunt with him when he was in his prime. Back in the 80's that guy was an absolute bowhunting freak - the best bowhunter I ever saw.

That's my biggest and only regret about hunting - not hunting with my Dad more when he and I were younger. I wish I would have hunted with him more when he was in his prime. I was just too young and stupid to know what I was missing.