Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Phil Phillips!!!!!!!! >

Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Did anybody happen to watch this dweeb shoot the Cape Buffalo in the right nostril last night. I've seen him make more bad shots with a bow than even Jackie Bushman. And the thing that kills me is that every time that he makes one of these terrible shot it's always " Well I had my pin set at 30 yards and the animal was only 20 yards away so I shot high". He had to shoot this buffalo at least 1 foot high and says that his pin was only 10 yards off what does he think that everyone is as stupid as he is. I will never watch this dork again. And at the end of the show he says that he will be hosting 2-3 shows next year so that's 2-3 that I won't watch.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

did he find it ?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see a lot of guys on T.V. that must think the viewer are dumber than a rock. Uncle Ted is really bad for that as well. I don't know how many times I have seen place a terrible shot on an animinal, no recovery footage of that animinal and then talk about how great the shot was. What I don't understand is the people that are hiring these guys to host a show. You say Phil Phillips is going to be hostage 2-3 new shows next year? Have they not seen what his shows are like?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't believe that shot either... It was crazy! Put the animal down quick, but my lord... what was he thinking.
You are right Kickin... they never show the track job on these gut shot deer, etc.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i saw it[&:]
Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

No it didn't come even close to kill the animal. After the shot him and his guide ran the animal into a swamp and he shot in again,coming straight at him, with the other arrow still sticking out of his nose. He must've hit the heart on the second shot because blood was shooting 2 feet out of it's neck.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, I saw the show, never knew who he was until then and I'm glad, I wasn't missing anything... just another yahoo with a bow! Did you see the very long shot he made on the big buck? It was standing broadside, he shoots the arrow is in flight for ever, the deer turns and it hits it in the neck coming straight on! Pitiful, he got lucky as can be! No doubt the reason he took that shot was the pressure to get that bruiser on film... or maybe he's a moron?[:'(] Thats the exact reason that long shots are a no-no in my book!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Phil Phillips is a first class guy. He used to guide for elk around where we hunt in CO and long story short he has always been very kind before and after he got his big break with Scent-Blocker. Everyone makes excuses for why they missed... something about casting the first stone comes to mind

I do think that TV personalities should be upfront and honest, but let's also try to remember that we are all human and therefore prone to error.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but damn people a 1,200 lb cape buffalo was running at him full bore. Yea the shot sucked but seriously if that happened to most of us on here i bet we couldnt make the shot either. I would probably be changing my pants after that!The second shot put him down in seconds.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but damn people a 1,200 lb cape buffalo was running at him full bore. Yea the shot sucked but seriously if that happened to most of us on here i bet we couldnt make the shot either. I would probably be changing my pants after that!The second shot put him down in seconds.
That's enough of that!! Don't try to be Logical on here

The Ethics police wouldn't get to blow their little whistles

Dan

Quick Reply: Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.