Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Of trophy bucks and old men >

Of trophy bucks and old men

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Of trophy bucks and old men

Old 06-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Of trophy bucks and old men

When I approach trophy deer hunting I use an old man as my basis for how he will act. Young men will have lots of energy and spunk. They waste more energy then they use constructively. As they age they learn to use their energy more wisely. Watch an old man at work. He will out work a young guy every time. How does he do it? He learns to become super efficient! An older carpenter will carry tools to the job site on his first trip in. he knows what he needs before he starts. As the day draws to a close he will not make a trip back to the work trailer with out a handful of tools that he won't need anymore. Effiecient, no wasted energy! This is how an old buck works. He knows his land. He knows his does. He knows the best places to hide where food, water, and security are near. He knows where the hunters go. He knows night is a safe time to travel. Study an old man and become a better trophy hunter.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Of trophy bucks and old men

Kind of like the Old Bull & the Young Bull story?

Dan
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 AM

I wonder if old bucks lose some of the 'desire'? That should wouldopen upalot of brain space.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

When I approach trophy deer hunting I use an old man as my basis for how he will act. Young men will have lots of energy and spunk. They waste more energy then they use constructively. As they age they learn to use their energy more wisely. Watch an old man at work. He will out work a young guy every time. How does he do it? He learns to become super efficient! An older carpenter will carry tools to the job site on his first trip in. he knows what he needs before he starts. As the day draws to a close he will not make a trip back to the work trailer with out a handful of tools that he won't need anymore. Effiecient, no wasted energy! This is how an old buck works. He knows his land. He knows his does. He knows the best places to hide where food, water, and security are near. He knows where the hunters go. He knows night is a safe time to travel. Study an old man and become a better trophy hunter.
Bullhockey.[8D]
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you saying Shultzy OLD in different words (ha-ha)
Old 06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know that all the old bucks around here act just like old men. They are crotchity, grouchy, rocking chair types that sleep all day and are up all night (usually to pee). They eat dinner at 2, lunch at 8, and breakfast the night before. Their joints ache and they have a ton of hair virtually pouring from their ears. Their eyesight isn't very good anymore, but they make up for the lack of sight with a whole lot of skepticism and a general distaste for all that is not exactly like it was the day they were born.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Easy Ed!!

How old are you Ed??[8D]

Great avatar by the way!! One of the best!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

But they don't need the little BLUE PILLS to get them going.

The difference being the "OLD BUCKS" you are refering to,are the bucks that are in the prime of their life. While the old carpenter is on the downslide. Just my way of looking at it.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why just the other day Germ insinuated I was old,he's just mad because old as I am I still have hair to go with my charm and stunning good looks.[:-]
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Easy Ed!!

How old are you Ed??[8D]

Great avatar by the way!! One of the best!!
I am a vintage 67'... Yeah-yeah-yeah...
I got the grey hair coming in on the sides to help me look distinguished, the little belley over the belt, my scope eye isn't 20 vision anymore, so on so forth...
BUT I can still kick the crap out of the 20 year olds on the raquetball court and climb a tree like a macaque!

Quick Reply: Of trophy bucks and old men

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.