Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why? >

Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Mathews DXT or Hoyt Katera
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM

I am going to wait and see what Bowtech/Diamond comes out with for 2009 although I would like their bows to be closer to advertised IBO speeds! I shot my BI side by side to a Matthews Drenalin the other day and his was A LOT faster and flatter!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

just plan on deer hunting with it. I have a 29" draw and pull back 70#. I'd like something FAST, but don't want to trade off the other goodies...... brace height, short A-A, etc.

like I said, I love my mighy mite and shot it well.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:56 PM

I've thought about getting a new bow in the future, but to be honest, I am so happy w/my 06 Tribute, I can't see myself getting a new bow to replace it.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I'd get a 60# version of the bow I already have (HCA Iron Mace).... or a bowtech alligence or perhaps a Hoyt Ultra 38.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:26 PM

I listened to a lot of veteran bowhunters, and they advised to shoot all different kinds of bows. I picked the mathews, not because of the name, but because I liked they way it felt to me. I started on a used Golden Eagle, so you could imagine it was like, sort of like driving a ferrari after having a pinto.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the DXT because it's so short, fast and smooth. I bow hunt out of a box blind that I have a tough time w/ my 34" q2.

The DXT is the one I thought I would get and it's what I ended up buying. I gave Bowtech there fair shot but I loved the DXT. Another reason I went with the DXT was I have a bad shoulder and it just seemed easier on my shoulder (all at the same poundage of course).

That said, I really liked shooting the Guardian, it's a really nice bow.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Typically with bows you have to trade one thing for another.. A hunting bow, you may not want speed over forgivness or ability to shoot a good broadhead.

With that said I've been looking and shooting alot myself. I like the Dxt but really like the General. That's saying alot for me cuz I'm a hardcore mathews guy but the general was probably the smoothest bow I've ever shot. Only reason I have not bought it was because the string suppressor gets in the way of using a kisser button which I like to use..
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have considered giving up my Hoyt in 2009 for a DXT...But I love my Hoyt!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Typically with bows you have to trade one thing for another.. A hunting bow, you may not want speed over forgivness or ability to shoot a good broadhead.

With that said I've been looking and shooting alot myself. I like the Dxt but really like the General. That's saying alot for me cuz I'm a hardcore mathews guy but the general was probably the smoothest bow I've ever shot. Only reason I have not bought it was because the string suppressor gets in the way of using a kisser button which I like to use..
That's an easy fix! Your right the General is one sweet shooter. It is great out of a Blind and I'm sure it will prove very nice out of a Treestand as well.

Dan

Quick Reply: Which New Bow Would You Pick And Why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.