Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone Shoot the PSE X Force >

Anyone Shoot the PSE X Force

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone Shoot the PSE X Force

Old 06-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Anyone Shoot the PSE X Force

David:

Fact No. 1 - I OWNED a used PSE. I had to sell it.
Fact No. 2 - My shop used to be a primary PSE dealer. He lost his ass on the last batch....and couldn't/can't sell them, now.....beside the other lines he carries.

I'm not bashing their bows. I said I didn't like the ONE I shot (which was the one asked about in the thread header), and I mentioned I didn't think they'd resale well.

If I'd wanted to bash them.......I'd have said they were pieces of ****. I don't think they are, though.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, like others have said, 06' and before wasn't their strongest years. As far as sales go, well I won't say sales, but they weren't as popular. They've always made some solid target bows. The Mojo's and Mojo 3D's could be some of the best pure target bows produced. Notice I said target bows, though, because they were loud, and weren't the nicest on the shot.

The new PSE's with their "X Technology" are really head and shoulders above the years past.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 AM

I had an 07 X Force, and was very successful with it, however, I was not the most accurate or consistent with it. It was the 6 " brace that got me and it had lots of hand shock. The draw was ok, but it wasn't a forgiving bow for me. The 08 may be better with the 7" brace. I did kill lots of deer with it, which is the most important thing, but my confidence lacked when shooting. I sold the bow loaded with a dozen arrows for 825$, I paid 750$ for it bare.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
New Sheriff

Be sure to shoot both sets of limbs. I originally shot the 50-60 lb limbs then the 70 lb limbs. To me, the X Force with 60 lb limbs is the best shooting bow I have ever had in my hands. I shot A LOT of bows this year from Mathews, PSE, Hoyt, HCA, Bowtech, you name it, I shot it. The X Force with 70 lbs limbs was nothing like the 60 lb limbs, completely different bow, not nearly as smooth, quiet, or fun to shoot as the 60 lb X Force. The 60 lb XF is still smokin' fast.

I bought the X Force TS, best bow I'veever held.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 AM

I shot 13 bows about 3 weeks ago and the x-force was my least favorite for the draw, spongy stop and noise but I will not say it is a bad bow, just not the one for me. Make SURE you shoot plenty before you buy!