Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow hunting in west central il >

bow hunting in west central il

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow hunting in west central il

Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 PM

Default bow hunting in west central il

Im going bow hunting in pike county il in late oct with triange outfitters i was wondering what kind of weather conditions would i have on a averge year
Old 06-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bow hunting in west central il

Man im in east central il, so take it for what you want, but it seems like in recent years its been staying pretty warm through october. I definitely wouldn't worry about wearing too much clothing...might be cool enough for a sweatshirt in the mornings but that would be about it!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I'm in South West IL and last few years it's been really warm up till November and maybe a little past.. Maybe this year will be different though, I would pack for both.. Weather can turn fast around here that time of year..
Old 06-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Spike

I hunt outside of Barry and last years weather was perfect, no rain. Bring the cold if need be but just not the rain! But there was 1 night it was least mid 70's. Rest was maybe 60's, we had a couple frosty morns but sun came up and it cleared. I hunted 8 days total around Halloween and a few days into Nov.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Quincy and hunt a few miles from Golden Triangle Outfitters. That last couple years I have been hunting in at-shirt throughout the entire month of October. Around here you really can't plan on any certain type of weather. It could be 80 one day and drop 30 degrees over night.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JohnnyLonghorns

I live in Quincy and hunt a few miles from Golden Triangle Outfitters. That last couple years I have been hunting in at-shirt throughout the entire month of October. Around here you really can't plan on any certain type of weather. It could be 80 one day and drop 30 degrees over night.
AMEN! Be prepared for anything.