Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Dynamics Arrows >

Arrow Dynamics Arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Dynamics Arrows

Old 06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Dynamics Arrows

Has any one ever tried these arrows. The shafts taper towards the nock.

http://www.nitrostinger.com/index.cfm

[ul][*]Products[*]Testimonials[*]Contact Us[*]Home [/ul][/align]

ARROW DYNAMICS
536 SE Jefferson St.
Topeka, KS 66607
(785) 233-9541 [/align][/align]

Welcome to Arrow Dynamics
Arrow Dynamics has been involved with carbon fibers and other aerospace materials for over 30 years. Over that period of time, we have designed and manufactured high-tech, products in other fields such as golf clubs, fishing rods, and high-performance airframes. We design, test, and manufacturer our arrows in our facility in Topeka, Kansas. All of our arrows are based on the revolutionary parallel-to-taper design.

Our unique, patented, parallel to taper shaft design eliminates all drawbacks found in common straight shafts. This design has been proven superior again and again through wind tunnel testing, flight pattern research, and extensive field-testing. These are truly the most advanced arrows you will ever use. Enjoy.

The Arrow Dynamics Family
Glen Sr., Craig, Glen Jr.
What is Parallel to Taper Design?

The patented parallel to tapered design reduces flex at the nock point and provides a shorter paradox, giving the arrow a flatter trajectory and transferring more kinetic energy for greater speed and penetration. Parallel to tapered design also creates a built-in front of center for superior flight pattern and greater accuracy in hunting or target shooting. The energy transfer system allows for more forgiving shots by having less spine in the nock end and increased spine in the tip. The smaller nock end allows for greater fletch clearance and less air drag. Each time an arrow oscillates (from top to bottom) it looses kinetic energy and speed. The energy transfer system of Arrow Dynamics eliminates any oscillation by getting out fast with a little kick and then stabilizing. All other carbon arrows oscillate from firing of the bow to impact. NOT GOOD! Visit our products page to learn more about these incredible arrows.
[/align][/align]Website Designed & Hosted by Outdoor Resources, LLC. [/align]
Old 06-20-2008, 12:58 PM

Default RE: Arrow Dynamics Arrows

I have and as far as carbons go I liked them. The nocks are a bit fragile, but you can cut some of the back off and add uni bushings and different nocks if you want.

They worked great with fixed blades and were very easy to tune with them for me. Consistency wise probably not the best shaft on the market, but the tapered design and built in FOC seemed to work well for me. If I decided to go back to carbon arrows it would probably be these out of all the arrows I have tried.

The other downside is they are hard to get in my area, no one stocks them anymore so you have to order them. My local shop can order them for me though. At least they used to be able to anyway. I prefer to walk in get my arrows and leave. My shop carries plenty of prefletched aluminum arrows he can cut down for me on the spot.

Paul
Old 06-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have tried them and we do stock a few. Like Paul said the nocks are the weakest part. They have made improvements so they are not as bad as the early ones were. They do fly great with almost any fixed blade head. Guys that use them seem toreally like them.

Dan
Old 06-20-2008, 05:26 PM

JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK

My buddy has them. I have seen them break, I have seen them crack. The nocks are the worst part of the arrow.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the input, I saw them on e-bay but I hadnever heard of them before. Technology is a great thing but too many times gimmicks are passed off as technology. I still can't bring myself to even think about trying "Shuttle T-Locks".
Old 06-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

My son had shot these and liked them so I bought a dozen on EBAY ( 6 with feathers - 6 with blazer vanes ) . They shoot fine and group well . I bought another dozen bare shafts on EBAY that I will cut and fletch sometime this summer .
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Mine were not any more fragile than any other carbon I used and I have used just about every manufacturer. My least favorite to be honest is Gold Tip. They have some serious quality control issues in my opinion, at least they used to. I thought Carbon Impacts were pretty decent though, I liked the nocking system and they were pretty tough.

For some reason with the tapered design spine doesn't seem to be as critical when trying to get fixed blades to shoot well. The hardest part is setting up the rest with tapered arrow. I use a 22 series aluminum arrow to set up the rest then tune with the Nitros.

For hunting arrows they are fine, actually they are quite good. I don't know that I would want them for target arrows though, but then again I wouldn't use any run of the mill carbon for target shooting. You can buy cheap aluminums with better specs.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 06-21-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Mine were not any more fragile than any other carbon I used and I have used just about every manufacturer. My least favorite to be honest is Gold Tip. They have some serious quality control issues in my opinion, at least they used to. I thought Carbon Impacts were pretty decent though, I liked the nocking system and they were pretty tough.

For some reason with the tapered design spine doesn't seem to be as critical when trying to get fixed blades to shoot well. The hardest part is setting up the rest with tapered arrow. I use a 22 series aluminum arrow to set up the rest then tune with the Nitros.

For hunting arrows they are fine, actually they are quite good. I don't know that I would want them for target arrows though, but then again I wouldn't use any run of the mill carbon for target shooting. You can buy cheap aluminums with better specs.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
X2

Dan