Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you? To Expound on Germs thread. >

Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Your going hunting with a friend/relative at his place. He offers up his best spot to you. Do you take it?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Yes take me there. Because I would do the same for him and expect him to accept. Its a 2 way street, but then my friends know this.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure would, I do my homework and share my knowledge and it pays off, I call it good karma! Everyone wins!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Your going hunting with a friend/relative at his place. He offers up his best spot to you. Do you take it?
Just to differentiate a little: I don't offer my buddy the best spot, I just put him in it and tell him it's a great spot.

To answer your question: I am his "guest" so I go where he tells me. If he "offers" it to me then I am likely to take him up on his offer LOL .
Old 06-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope! I'll pick my own spots thank you. If I go set in your stand and kill it. I just killed a deer. I effectively killed your deer. You are the one that earned it, not me. I am not knocking anyone else, I am just saying that a deer that someone else put me on, wouldn't mean as much to me. I want look up at a rack on my wall and know that I earned that deer, that I outsmarted that deer; not that I really mounted a buck that my buddy earned.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

IDK, I would feel terrible if i killed a monster on someone elses land that they had been hunting.... I just couldnt do it. You bring me over, put me on a doe, and I'll be kid under the tree at Christmas.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

If somebody invites you to hunt and insists you take the best stand and the big buck walks under it and you don't take it. I think I would be insulted. If I don't want anybody to shoot that buck besides me I wouldn't invite anybody to hunt.It's a chance you take when other people hunt with you. I'm happy for anybody that shoots a deer on my place as long as it fits into the management program.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

If somebody invites you to hunt and insists you take the best stand and the big buck walks under it and you don't take it. I think I would be insulted. If I don't want anybody to shoot that buck besides me I wouldn't invite anybody to hunt.It's a chance you take when other people hunt with you. I'm happy for anybody that shoots a deer on my place as long as it fits into the management program.
Aaron:

For future reference.....read this, again....and take note.

Shoot the buck
Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope I'd tell that person that I haven't put the work in that they did and I do not deserve the oppertunity. If they took it as an insult I would obviously respect there wishes and do as told.

The 1st thing that came to mind on this thread was that if the person who owns the land knows his woods and deer hunting why would anyone of us 2nd guess on the idea of choosing a different spot on our own? I would sit in any one of his set ups but its beyond me why someone would go out on there own and set up in someone else's property that they do not know. Heck you would probably make it worse for everyone by doing it your way instead of the guy who is offering any particular stand.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Nope I'd tell that person that I haven't put the work in that they did and I do not deserve the oppertunity. If they took it as an insult I would obviously respect there wishes and do as told.

The 1st thing that came to mind on this thread was that if the person who owns the land knows his woods and deer hunting why would anyone of us 2nd guess on the idea of choosing a different spot on our own? I would sit in any one of his set ups but its beyond me why someone would go out on there own and set up in someone else's property that they do not know. Heck you would probably make it worse for everyone by doing it your way instead of the guy who is offering any particular stand.
But from expounding from germs who expounded from DT, it was said, "best stand" Not intented to run through the woods finding a place to set up

Quick Reply: Would you? To Expound on Germs thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.