Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So I had this thought regarding releases... >

So I had this thought regarding releases...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So I had this thought regarding releases...

Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM

Default So I had this thought regarding releases...

Right now I'm shooting a TruBall Titan release, and got to thinking.....That is a spring loaded release, you know.....Pull the trigger to open the jaws and release it to close them.

Here's my thought, and I may be entirely washed up here but this is my theory...

A release as that would help promote "punching the trigger" whereas a release that you have to push the trigger forward to close the jaws would help prevent that....It just seems to me that with the style release I have, you have to squeeze the jaws open and with the other style you just have to put enough pressure on the trigger to open open the jaws...

What say ye?
Old 06-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: So I had this thought regarding releases...

Winns Freeflight has a release that closes when you squeeze the trigger and opens when you relax your finger off of it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just switched from a tru-fire that was spring loaded to a Cobra Mamba R-1 a few weeks ago. My groups have improved noticably. I had used the old release for 3 years. Live and learn I guess. I also wonder about how much wear a spring loaded release creates on a loop. I am under the impression there would be more friction created.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that dependant upon design it sounds like the release would be more prone to open during the draw (while pulling back) That is, If I'm imagining this correctly?
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

You may be on to something there Don Thats seems like a goos idea. I had a post a while back with the thought of a trigger that you go ahead and pull once drawn and releases when let off of. Trap shooters have guns with the reverse trigger pull. what say ye??
Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

You may be on to something there Don Thats seems like a goos idea. I had a post a while back with the thought of a trigger that you go ahead and pull once drawn and releases when let off of. Trap shooters have guns with the reverse trigger pull. what say ye??
I like it
Old 06-19-2008, 11:37 AM

mo, My Scott Little Goose, does exactly what you describe, if I'm reading your post correctly.

I have the set-screw set where it's like a hair trigger. So far, I have never had it open up during the draw cycle, but I also keep my index finger firmly pressed behind the trigger while I'm drawing. Again, the set-screw is set where the trigger pulll is very light. Another thing, when I first bought the release and wasadjusting the set-screw I noticed that it (the screw)seemed kinda loose, so I put a little tiny strip of teflon tape on the threads to tighten it up. I've haven't had to adjust it since. It's been at least4 years maybe 5.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:56 AM

Don I've been using the Scott Wildcat for 2yrs and the little goose for probably 6 or 7 now. And I love those releases. I think what you mentioned does hold some merit. I personally live the Wildcat for its forward trigger design so I can get it adjusted to fall at the crease of my second knuckle so all I have to do to fire is use my back muscles to set it off. I think you will find you would like this kind of release much better.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 PM

Man, I was afraid you guys were gonna be saying that......*sigh*...looks like I'm in the market fora new release.....
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple thumb releases that do just that.You cant punch them thats for sure. For Target only.
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Quick Reply: So I had this thought regarding releases...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.