Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunter needs help. >

Hunter needs help.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunter needs help.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Hunter needs help.

This has just been brought to my attention and I would like to ask those of you that have gear laying around collecting dust to help this guy out.

I am going through all my stuff and making up a package to send to him.

Here is Bill's story.

You think you've got problems. Bill Fetzner from Hayward, Wisonsin was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma cancer about 4 years ago. After battling it into recession(there is no cure) he was getting on with life. He built his dream home over the last two years, doing much of the work himself. May 31st lightning struck his house and burnt it up. It was totaled. He and his wife got out with the clothes they were wearing. Try to imagine losing everything you own. Billis an avid hunter and fisherman. He lost every gun,bow,fishing rod, and all the clothing and gear that go with it. Not to mention a lifetime of his trophy mounts. They can never be replaced. Even the pictures of them are gone. At age 57 he has to start over. As probably most of us he has insurance but never really read the policy. It of course falls considerably short.
So you think you've got problems.I thoughtI did, but they seem pretty small now. Instead of counting my problems, I'm counting my blessings.
[/align]

[/align]

[/align]
Bill's address....
[/align]

[/align]
Bill Fetzner
[/align]

8747 W. County Rd. B
[/align]
Hayward, Wisconsin
[/align]
54843-4474
[/align]

715 462 3838

6 ft, tall
200lbs.
36 waist
x-large shirt
size 10/d shoe

If you guys have any gear please help Bill out I am sure it is not going to bother him on what condition the gear is in.
[/align]
Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter needs help.

I got a few things I can send him! I will try to get to it this weekend and get a care package togethor! Never a problem helping out a fellow hunter!
Old 06-18-2008, 06:12 PM

I'll start going through the house and see if I can't help him out. Regardless, prayers sent for his entire family in this time of need.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Russell what does he need to get him started,I have a couple of rest and sights that are of high quality,but if we all just start mailing him gear he could wind up with 20 sights,ect.i also have a mathews bow,but I think maybe you should make a list of what he needs and anyone here could maybe send him something off the list so he doen't end up with a bunch of one item and not get something he needs.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's
He does not need a bow or arrowsthat has already been taken care of.

But broadheads camo and other hunting gear would be gratefull.

For that matter ordinary every day clothes would do as he and his wife only got out of the house with the clothes they where wearing.

Those of you who cant donate anything maybe send him a short note letting him know we are thinking of him, I know it does not sound like much but having him know there are people out there who are thinking of him and saying prayers for him will mean the world and lift his spirits.