Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you shoot a half rack? >

Would you shoot a half rack?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you shoot a half rack?

Old 06-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you shoot a half rack?

On a side note for those who wouldn't shoot in hopes of seeing the same buck the next season. You may want to read D & DH magazine (either June, July, August sorry don't have it in front of me) there is an article titled something along the lines of "They Walk til They Die" in reference to big buck travels especially during the rut.And even though I know it definitely happens(same buck seen year after year)I think the probability is far lower than some think. I will find the issue and exact title later at the house, it was pretty informative.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

On a side note for those who wouldn't shoot in hopes of seeing the same buck the next season. You may want to read D & DH magazine (either June, July, August sorry don't have it in front of me) there is an article titled something along the lines of "They Walk til They Die" in reference to big buck travels especially during the rut.And even though I know it definitely happens(same buck seen year after year)I think the probability is far lower than some think. I will find the issue and exact title later at the house, it was pretty informative.
No doubt about it an adult buck has very little chance of making through a full season around here cars and hunters are only a few obstacles not alone being seen in the same woods next year,thats why I work so hard on making my woods their home. Happy does makes for happy bucks.

Thats quite a buck you got their ,whats up with the buck shot?[:-]Poaching attempt our is it legal there?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Deer sausage off an old buck is about the same whether it has one half of a rack or a whole rack.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

YES!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

No doubt about it an adult buck has very little chance of making through a full season around here cars and hunters are only a few obstacles not alone being seen in the same woods next year,thats why I work so hard on making my woods their home. Happy does makes for happy bucks.

Thats quite a buck you got their ,whats up with the buck shot?[:-]Poaching attempt our is it legal there?
That buck was killed in Gates County, NC and yes buckshot is legal there.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Definitely shoot, you can't eat antlers.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Deer sausage off an old buck is about the same whether it has one half of a rack or a whole rack.
Doe sausage is about the same.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, that's why i shoot the first thing that comes past my stand then go back to bed[8D]
Old 06-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

wait til next season
Old 06-18-2008, 09:53 AM

I would, because 8 out of 10 time it is not going to make it in Pa.

Quick Reply: Would you shoot a half rack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.