Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit or Arrow Issues? >

Whisker Biscuit or Arrow Issues?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit or Arrow Issues?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit or Arrow Issues?

Dixon, I had the same issues with the WB, but I think you have some centershot problem or your vanes are hitting something they shouldn't.
Can you follow the arrow out of the bow, do they fly straight and do they hit the target in a 90 degree angle. The best way is to use a good glue, like goattuf and just clean your shaft with alcohol and not the vanes. Just use enough glue as neccesary and be patient, don't try and glue them on to fast. a drop of glue at the back and on the front of the vane helps allso.
I have had problems finding centershot with a WB, even after walk back tuning.
I bought this Easy Eye laser tuner and that does the same thing but in minutes.
Don't give up on the WB yet, it's one of the best rests out there, it's simple and effective and shoots great once it's mounted on perfect......

Frank
Old 06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

ORIGINAL: early in

Your center shot must be off. Those vanes are hitting something somewhere! I've been shooting a Biscuit for 7 years, and NEVER had a vane come off, ever! I'll admit, you'll get wavey vanes if you shoot the same arrows enough, (that's why I refletch my own arrows)but eventhat doesn't affect accuracy at all. Here's howthe arrow should sit.

I have been shooting a Whisker Biscuit for awhile now and when I first shot arrows with 4" vanes, they were getting wavey, warped and distorted due to the Biscuit. I was told by my local archery pro to try 2" Blazer vanes because they were made alittle more stout and could stand the "friction" better. It made sense so I tried it. Arrows with the Blazer vanes not only didn't get distorted but my arrows flew 100% better. Give it a try.
RF, what you're saying is true. I need to mention, as I have in the past, that despite some of my arrows getting wavey, they still fly true for me. I've tried shooting Blazers in the past, but theydidn't shoot any more accurately for me. This vane in the pic shoots perfectly straight for me, believe it or not. I have waaay too many 4" fletched arrows to switch.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i gotta go with what everyone else has been saying. i've ben shooting mine for 4 years and with both 4" and 2". I can tell you that if you WB isn't the right diameter opening for your arrow diameter you will defintely have problems. and i know they've all said it but check center shot. and make sure that rest is tightened down once you get it there. my buddy had that problem.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

If I just look down it, it looks centered, however, looking at the at the rest itself, it looks a bit off centered. I'm gonna have one of my friends look at it.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

IM shooting a ne mathews and i also use a whisker, put a dot of glue on eat vane at the front. Im using blazers that i just fletched up myself and im haveing no problem
Old 06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Spike

You might want to make sure that you are not shooting a helical on your flecthing. If you are when that arrow gose threw those wiskers it will try to twist and the wiskers will rip them off as well.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just fletch my arrows with a slight off-set to the vane. Prepping the shaft properly is very important.Again, it's a good idea to put one drop of glue at both ends of the vane, just for security.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

i shotn the WB and liked it but i would loose some fletching it shot good but i decided to go to a drop away and let me tell you HUGE difference won't ever change back