Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck >

Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck

Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM

Default Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck

Just wondering how rare my encounter was.believe it or not i was charged by a buck.

this is a really funny story that when told in full has some huge lessons. what do you guys think.
it was my first buck. i made a bad shot(1st mistake i should have calmed myself down before the shot) on it and after tracking it for a couple of hours (2nd mistake is that we were pushing him)we ended up in a corn field. my brother in law and i came within two corn rows before we realized we were right on top of him. [:-] i had forgot my bow which was my (3rd mistake). well i slipped out and left him there to watch the deer as i ran back to my stand. 1/4 mile away then 1/4 mile back. when i got back i was dead because i ran. (4th mistake). i could not pull my bow back so i handed it off to my brother in law as the deer stood up. he pulled back as the buck began to lower his head. he released just as the buck charged. he hit the buck in the eye socket and because he was turning it glanced off the bone and buried under the skin. i am convinced that the arrow breaking as he came after uswas the only thing that stopped him. he came after us for 3 rows then turned and ran away. needless to say we did not stop running... we were scared to death. i learned alot from my first buck. many, many lessons.

anyone else have a interesting story to share
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck

during the rut i was standing where a hot doe had bedded down, and a young buck came up to me(within 5 feet) and stopped and stared at me, it took me by suprise
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

i was trying to leave the woods one time and i kept bumping a 2 year old buck further and further on the way out. finaly i came around the last corner to the field and there he stood 10 yards away... he lowered his rack to tell me to back off, so i took a couple of steps back. then he slowly walked down to the river, i followed cause that was my way out too, he stood and watched me for a while and then crossed the river to feed on corn so i followed him across the river and we parted ways from there. it was just before the rut so he had a different attitude than normal.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-09-2008, 05:03 PM

I got charged once. I was in me climber stand about 40' up a old tree just a waisting a nice after noon. A 112 " buck came troting up to the clearing(bigest damned deer I had ever seen in me life) I shot him and he spun around and ran right at me tree. then he rammed it going full boar!!!! crazyest thing I seen in a great while, just thought Id share!!
[hr][hr][hr]
Old 06-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent been charged yet, but once the deer find a good lawyer, I figure they'll try to get me for murder.[8D]
Old 06-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

No I have never had an encounter like that yet.I have had to beat them away just so I could get in my treestand.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, nothing quite like that. I have been charged by a black bear while leaving a stand at dark with bait in hand.. hmm And by a sow russian piggy after I shot her ol' man.. lol

Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been charged by a deer, but I have been by big big Texas pig.

It was one of my first, a cool calm drizzly Februaryday in South Central Texas. I saw a lone boar about 200 yards in a grass field and began the sneak. I belly crawled through the "mud, and the blood and the sweat in my eyes" and would peak up every now and then. I couldn't find him and knew that I had to be close. I looked to my left and there he was, about 20 yards broadside feed parallel to me. I sat on my knees and watched him for a few seconds and then decided I was going to get closer (stupid). Anyway, I crawl up to within 15 yards and come to full draw on my knees, settle the pin and let it go. The arrow drills him right behind the should and lodges in the off side shoulder blade. This is wear it got wild... the pig turns and runs straight to me, stops at 4 yards with my arrow sticking out of his side. I'm pretty sure that I peed my pants but not positive because my pants were wet from belly crawling. He stood there for what seemed like a decade before leaving. I was shaking so bad I couldn't get an arrow out of my quiver. But I survived and I still stalk pigs to close distance on the ground... call me stupid but it sure is fun.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome story's everyone! I've had young bucks come running up to me at night during the rut while walking out thinking I was a doe I'm guessing. They would get with in 10 yards and stop and then turn around and run and snort for the next 10 minutes.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been charged by a whitetail buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.