Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

property lines

Old 06-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: property lines

All of my neighbors have my cell # and I theirs,communication is the answer.Its some one sneaking that pisses me off.[:@]
Old 06-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Always let the land owner no before you enter--Its Safer--
Two years ago a buddy hunting on my property shot a spike during bow season we where trailing it when about 150 yards ahead we caught movement-It was a another hunter who shot a deer just across my property line and was trailing it towards us-He then tried to hide--I went to him and questioned him, and told him how he put himself and us in danger,,Even though it was bow season it could have happened in gun season,,and what would have happened if our buck or his buck suddenly jumped up between us!!!
So what I saying is even if you have permission check with the person in charge so no one gets hurt!!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

As long as they ask I'm fine with it. I'm going with them also to make sure there after that particular deer! If I caught them on my land without permission tracking a deer I'd kick there ass off faster then flys on you know what! I would then go get the deer myself and personally deliver it to them!
So you want them to ask you before they retrieve the deer thats ok I guess,but aren't these your neighbors that you know or are they not known to you by sight.I could understand your point of view if you were hunting land where you did not know who was hunting around you.
Weather I know them or not they better ask 1st! Its the rules in my woods and they know it. If they can't play by the rules as I've laid out them then they are not welcome on my land period. Not all neighboring land owners are all buddy's. We've had some real losers through out the years that think they can do anything they want just because were neighbors, heck I've caught them in my tree stands I've put up! That was the last straw so anyone that wants on my land better be asking 1st. I've got a ton of respect for people who ask for permission if they have a deer that crosses into my land. Like I said I'll go with them and help them get there deer.
Yes Schultzy, the Hatfield's and the McCoys were neighbors weren't they?
Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

As long as they ask I'm fine with it. I'm going with them also to make sure there after that particular deer! If I caught them on my land without permission tracking a deer I'd kick there ass off faster then flys on you know what! I would then go get the deer myself and personally deliver it to them!
So you want them to ask you before they retrieve the deer thats ok I guess,but aren't these your neighbors that you know or are they not known to you by sight.I could understand your point of view if you were hunting land where you did not know who was hunting around you.
Weather I know them or not they better ask 1st! Its the rules in my woods and they know it. If they can't play by the rules as I've laid out them then they are not welcome on my land period. Not all neighboring land owners are all buddy's. We've had some real losers through out the years that think they can do anything they want just because were neighbors, heck I've caught them in my tree stands I've put up! That was the last straw so anyone that wants on my land better be asking 1st. I've got a ton of respect for people who ask for permission if they have a deer that crosses into my land. Like I said I'll go with them and help them get there deer.
Yes Schultzy, the Hatfield's and the McCoys were neighbors weren't they?
You got it!!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

" I'm not talking about people sneaking around on yor land to hunt I'm talking about someone you know that is hunting near your line just recovering a downed deer,what if it's hot and they can't reach you,would you rather see that deer spoil or recovered without your permission,it's not like they are trying to hunt your property.What if the shoe was on the other foot would you recover your deer if you thought it may spoil and you couldn't reach the land owner?
Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Always let the land owner no before you enter--Its Safer--
Two years ago a buddy hunting on my property shot a spike during bow season we where trailing it when about 150 yards ahead we caught movement-It was a another hunter who shot a deer just across my property line and was trailing it towards us-He then tried to hide--I went to him and questioned him, and told him how he put himself and us in danger,,Even though it was bow season it could have happened in gun season,,and what would have happened if our buck or his buck suddenly jumped up between us!!!
So what I saying is even if you have permission check with the person in charge so no one gets hurt!!
Someimes it is just notpossable to reach the land owner before crossing their line,sometimes I can't be reached myself,I have a cell,but there are times I will be away from it or have it on silent.what do you do then,leave the deer until you get in touch with someone.As a prpperty owner I understand that you don't want people on your land for no good reason,but as a deer hunter I just couldn't stand the idea of a deer spoiling because I insisted that I be notified before one of my neighbors could cross property line to recover a downed deer.Now if I catch them there for any other reason then there will be trouble.I do know that all neighbors may not get along as well as I do with mine,so if some of you have had a bad experience in this regard then maybe I could understand why you feel the way you do.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

" I'm not talking about people sneaking around on yor land to hunt I'm talking about someone you know that is hunting near your line just recovering a downed deer,what if it's hot and they can't reach you,would you rather see that deer spoil or recovered without your permission,it's not like they are trying to hunt your property.What if the shoe was on the other foot would you recover your deer if you thought it may spoil and you couldn't reach the land owner?
If its someone I know and they are decent people and they can't get a hold of me, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. 95% of the time there's always a way to get a hold of someone, this excuse is used way to often!

If I can't get a hold of the neighboring land owners I will find the next relative, friend of the land owner, game warden, etc to make sure its ok. There's always a way if you want that deer bad enough. I won't step foot on my neighboring land owners land until they give me the go ahead. I've had many trespasser's through out the years so this is what happens when people don't listen, everyone suffers and no one gets any favors. Its sad but thats what happens. You get sick of it after a while so you do something about it.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Not all neighboring land owners are all buddy's.
Nor are they hunters OR "hunter-friendly". They don't give a rat's ass whether you're trespassing to get a downed deer or set up a new meth lab.

"hard-ass"???? What a man chooses to allow or not allow on his land is his business. I don't have to understand or agree with his wishes. I just have to obey them.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

If its someone I know and they are decent people and they can't get a hold of me, it wouldn't bother me nearly as much. 95% of the time there's always a way to get a hold of someone, this excuse is used way to often!

If I can't get a hold of the neighboring land owners I will find the next relative, friend of the land owner, game warden, etc to make sure its ok. There's always a way if you want that deer bad enough. I won't step foot on my neighboring land owners land until they give me the go ahead. I've had many trespasser's through out the years so this is what happens when people don't listen, everyone suffers and no one gets any favors. Its sad but thats what happens. You get sick of it after a while so you do something about it.
SCHUTZY sounds as though you have had some bad experienes with tresspassers, so I understand now why you feel the way you do.I hope I never have to resort to such a hard line when it comes to someone coming onto my alnd to recover an animal,so far it is only people that I have known for many years and we all get along pretty well.You do what you have to ,right?
Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not all neighboring land owners are all buddy's.
Nor are they hunters OR "hunter-friendly". They don't give a rat's ass whether you're trespassing to get a downed deer or set up a new meth lab.

"hard-ass"???? What a man chooses to allow or not allow on his land is his business. I don't have to understand or agree with his wishes. I just have to obey them.
GMMAT you may want to read the post again.I asked what you as a fellow hunter would do in that stuation,not an anti,just thought as hunters we could be a little more neighborly to the fellow hunters and give them the respect that we as hunters would expect,I just see nothing wrong with any of my neighbors coming on my land to recover a deer,as long as it was for that reason and nothing more.Why would you want someone to just let a deer lay there until they could reach you or gamewarden?

Quick Reply: property lines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.