HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - property lines
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM
treboryerf
Typical Buck

Default RE: property lines

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Always let the land owner no before you enter--Its Safer--
Two years ago a buddy hunting on my property shot a spike during bow season we where trailing it when about 150 yards ahead we caught movement-It was a another hunter who shot a deer just across my property line and was trailing it towards us-He then tried to hide--I went to him and questioned him, and told him how he put himself and us in danger,,Even though it was bow season it could have happened in gun season,,and what would have happened if our buck or his buck suddenly jumped up between us!!!
So what I saying is even if you have permission check with the person in charge so no one gets hurt!!
Someimes it is just notpossable to reach the land owner before crossing their line,sometimes I can't be reached myself,I have a cell,but there are times I will be away from it or have it on silent.what do you do then,leave the deer until you get in touch with someone.As a prpperty owner I understand that you don't want people on your land for no good reason,but as a deer hunter I just couldn't stand the idea of a deer spoiling because I insisted that I be notified before one of my neighbors could cross property line to recover a downed deer.Now if I catch them there for any other reason then there will be trouble.I do know that all neighbors may not get along as well as I do with mine,so if some of you have had a bad experience in this regard then maybe I could understand why you feel the way you do.