Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have to Hog hunt next year!! >

Have to Hog hunt next year!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have to Hog hunt next year!!

Old 02-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Have to Hog hunt next year!!

Thats it!!! This winter is too long. 20 below zero here yesterday. Seven more months before deer hunting starts. Next year I am going to have to go south HOG hunting and maybe turkey hunting to break up the off season.

What are the best states to hunt hogs? I' m not real big into guides or outfitters, I like to do it myself! Any suggestions on time of year or states to hunt would be appreciated!!

Good Luck!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:44 PM

Default RE: Have to Hog hunt next year!!

Come to Oklahoma. We have hogs in the southern part of the state, mostly southeastern. Not complete giants, but real good sized, and farmers are more than welcome to let people hunt. Also, if you want turkeys, we have those also. Easterns turkeys are in the southeastern 8 counties, but the most birds are generally in the west to north west part of the state. But, your trophy hog places are more than likely Texas and floride or georgie. Those places. Oklahoma is just free, no guides, and pretty easy access. Just an option.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunter9022........thanks for the input, thats just what I' m looking for. They don' t have to be monsters, I just want to find some ACTION! What time of year can you hunt them in Oklahoma?

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Plenty of hogs in TX as well best thing is you can hunt them all year
Old 02-27-2003, 03:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

krisken in Florida you can hunt hogs year round on private land only and you dont even need a hunting licence , on public land you need a licence and there are seasons and size restrictions bag limits exc.
Old 02-27-2003, 10:36 AM

Come hunt hogs in Texas, there are lots of them across the state and you can hunt them 24 hrs. a day 365 days a year. Go to www.texasbowhunter.com go to the discussion section and then to around the campfire and rate the day lease and you' ll find all the hog hunting info. you ever wanted. I hunt on property owned by my brother in law and we often see hogs in groups from 1-20 and they range in size from 20-400+ lbs.. You do have to buy a license, but there are no state imposed limits on number or size or times. Most ranches provide stands, feeders, or an area to hunt and will let you hunt however you want. The best method is usually spot and stalk, keep the wind in your face and use your ears in the thick stuff. You ofter hear them before you see them. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey krisken thats funny I hunt right across the street from 3 lakes its a beautyfull part of florida , my favorite part . Keeping up with floridas rules on hogs is alot of fun they change it every year on public land and every management area is diferant . on one you can shoot all you want and on the next you can only shoot one and it has to have a shoulder height of 20" and they change it every year . I guess they have to have some way to wright up violations , hey we arnt even talk' n about fish' n regs they are a total joke , you got to be a laywer to figure those out and again they chane every fish every year . Anyway good luck and hope you get a big un
Old 02-27-2003, 05:18 PM

Cloud 9 you can hunt hogs in Oklahoma year round. No license. But, you cant hunt at night like you can in texas i dont think. Its tough enough on my nerves during the day, let alone at night. I may be wrong, i dont hunt them very often. But, go to www.wildlifedepartment.com its Oklahomas regulations page.