Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 soap box time for me >

soap box time for me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

soap box time for me

Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Default soap box time for me

I was driving to work today and was sitting at a stop light today. The road was 4 lanes wide with a turning lane, making 5 lanes total. Well a squrriel ran out in the road. Traffic was very light and the thing made it all the way across the road and was on the white line when a car purposely swerved and hit it. Why would someone intentionally want to hit an animal? That was the first one that I seen hit, but I also saw two other attempts in the last week. Do people not understand the potental damage that could happen?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: soap box time for me

I saw someone swerve and hit a box turtle crossing the road once. I was turning around to get it off the road and this person pulled out of thier driveway and then swerved to hit this thing. Or so it seemed to me. I was ticked. It was in the middle of the lane and the guy steered out of his lane and ran it over. I'm 90% sure it was on purpose. I'd like to think it was an accedent, but after seeing it happen I'm not sure.

Why anyone would intentionaly hurt and animal for no reason is beyond me. At least with hunting the purpose is to use the animal. I've never released an arrow or bullet without an intent of killing the animal and using it for food. I take that back...I killed a possum once when I was a kid that the dogs had cornered and that was getting into our trash. But never just because.

Maybe your person swerved to miss it thinking it would go into the road again... I hope so...hopefully it was not just to kill something...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, there's some screwed up puppies out there, no doubt.[:@][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Dumb a$$es.[:@][:@]
Old 06-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think teenagers that may be a more common thing, but adults....that's messed up. I think those people give us hunters a bad name. Them and us are 2 different types of people. I really don't think hunters enjoy the killing aspect of hunting....the kill part I'm referring to, ie killing to kill, hunting just to kill.

I'd swerve for a snake though.....but not many squirrels can kill a human....course I guess a snake won't either, and not all are poisonous.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some folks just don't have the sense god gave a door nor do they have apurpose for existence....[:@][:@]
Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

I think teenagers that may be a more common thing, but adults....that's messed up. I think those people give us hunters a bad name. Them and us are 2 different types of people. I really don't think hunters enjoy the killing aspect of hunting....the kill part I'm referring to, ie killing to kill, hunting just to kill.
X2
Old 06-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Some folks just don't have the sense god gave a door nor do they have apurpose for existence....[:@][:@]
x2
Old 06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you do that in WI youll get fined. Its against the law in WI to worry a squirell
Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats just messed up on several levels

Quick Reply: soap box time for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.