HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   who has changed the way..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/247664-who-has-changed-way.html)

magicman54494 05-29-2008 07:26 PM

RE: who has changed the way.....

Everyone that I hunt with or discuss hunting with has an influence on me. Books and mag. have also shaped my hunting.

Centauri 05-29-2008 08:01 PM

My dad. Then again, I'm not old enough yet to go out by myself. He talks waaaaay too much while we hunt...

AZHuntr 05-29-2008 08:05 PM

well forme not he way I hunt but the way I shoot and to be honest I am trying to go back to the way I used to shoot. I need to shoot for fun and have fun!

Schultzy 05-29-2008 08:08 PM

My dad has a huge influence on how I hunt. I've taken more advice from that man then anyone else. A few people on here as well have put some excellent points out there that I plan on doing and trying this fall. There's always room to learn with me. I'm not a book learner, I like to hear it from the horses mouth. When I quit learning its time to hang it up.;)

Rory/MO 05-29-2008 08:09 PM

Nearly everyone I have ever met.. or spoken with.. or read.

The trick is understanding what your hearing and seperating the good advice from the bad.
x2

Siman08/OH 05-29-2008 08:37 PM

I usually hunt the way that makes me feel right, for instance, i will not hunt deer over a feeder, but i do have one set up for my game cameras and to hold deer in my area. I actually didnt hunt within 200 yards of it last year.

nchawkeye 05-29-2008 08:46 PM

Well...My dad died when I was 20 and he was a small game hunter...But I have lived and hunted in NC, GA, VA and SC...By living in different areas I have changed how I hunt simply because the food sources are different...Most folks can't identify a red oak from a white oak, or know what food sources to hunt during different times of the season...Guess I'm saying that during the past 30 years or so that I have changed how I hunt, but it's not due to hunting with someone else, it's due to different habitats encountered...

jackflap 05-29-2008 09:08 PM

I have not been influenced by anyone, I have mad respect for many, but not influenced to change my hunting.

So you never try anything new?

I try a lot of things that I hear or read about. As said in an earlier post, it is about sorting out the good from the bad. I do it by trial and error and replications of certain tactics or beliefs.

By doing so, I have learned a lot of things I didn't know beforehand and can categorize a lot of other things as gimmicks/nonsense,etc. But I would never know for sure without testing/experimenting withthese things firsthand.

MeanV2 05-29-2008 09:25 PM

I would say the Bucks themselves that I have chased for 40 years have had the biggest influence on the way I hunt. I learn something from them every year.

As far as Celebs: Fred Bear, Gene Wensel, & Bobby Worthington have all had there influence on me in one way or another.

Dan

iamyourhuckleberry 05-29-2008 09:43 PM

The more I see of this gaint planet, the less I understand. I am all ears. My mind is wide open. I strive to know more about tracking from the black african bushmen, for example. I have learned enough, but not enough...

I have learned that when you stop learning you stop living.