HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   who has changed the way..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/247664-who-has-changed-way.html)

Vabowman 05-29-2008 04:40 PM

who has changed the way.....

anyone changed the way you hunt? orinfluenced you to change the way you hunt? celebs, HNI memebers, family, friends???? I would have to say no, I have not been influenced by anyone, I have mad respect for many, but not influenced to change my hunting.

dukemichaels 05-29-2008 04:47 PM

RE: who has changed the way.....

Nearly everyone I have ever met.. or spoken with.. or read.

The trick is understanding what your hearing and seperating the good advice from the bad.

drenal 05-29-2008 04:58 PM

me, i change the way i hunt my spots almost every year ,but i would have to say hunting magazines i love reading anything about hunting,and so far ive been beyond blessed with sucess .

Vabowman 05-29-2008 05:04 PM

really?? I get very little from mags, I mean I may pick up some tuning tips or tech stuff but rarely do I read anything that would pertain to where and how I hunt.

drenal 05-29-2008 05:15 PM

it has not changed my way extremely but i do pick up somethings and try to put them to use ,plus i read magazines when sitting in a stand most of the times ,so im going to be stuborn and say atleast it makes the time go by on those all day sits .

JoeRE 05-29-2008 05:20 PM

I have not had anyone who had an overwelming effect on how I hunt now. I read like crazy growing up - then I hit the woods and realised that that info only gave a very general idea of what was going on. My older brother showed me more than anyone else, and I learned most of my lessons in the first few years the hard way.

SwampCollie 05-29-2008 06:39 PM

Big time! Uncle Wally was as close to a hunting mentor as any I've ever had. He wasn't my Uncle of course... he was the advisor of our Rod and Gun Club at the Citadel.. Colonel West to be exact. The man pretty much taught me everything I know about bow hunting that I didn't learn on my own. He definately fostered the interest and gave me a place to hunt quite often.

recurver167 05-29-2008 06:45 PM

My Dad:He taught me how to find good areas (funnels,pinch points &travel corridors) and taught to figure out why they would use it.
My Uncle:He always said hold out for something a littlebetter.

130woodman 05-29-2008 07:03 PM

Most recently my neighbor. He makes me think harder before we do anything.

arrow2512 05-29-2008 07:22 PM

I read over the years that bean feilds are good to hunt but for some reason i can't get myself to put a stand on the other end of the woods to hunt it .I keep thinking if i hunt there i'll miss a nice a buck coming threw on my other stand .My feinds at work keep telling me you'll never know what going threw untill you hunt down there . I see alot of good sign down there rubs, scrapes, droppings, and deer tracks and still i get seem to hunt that end. mybe i''l give it a shot this year who knows i might get a nice buck and then i'll be kicking myself for not huntinh it sooner