Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How often do you eat venison? >

How often do you eat venison?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often do you eat venison?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How often do you eat venison?

Depends on how the season went. Some years I have to ration it out and some years I can eat it several times a week.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM

alot, I make sausage, jerkey, roasts, backstraps etc. matter of fact I dont eat alot of processed store meat, with the exception of a good ol steak now and then
Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

1-2 week. i make some sweet a$$ burger. either full venison or mixed with beef and pour in some beef boulion and chopped onions
Old 05-28-2008, 09:46 PM

Not as much as I woulda liked to this year [&o]. . . had too many people asking for a "lil' bit", and I have a hard timeturning anyone down. . .but I did trade 2 steaks and a small roast for 12 pounds of walleye fillets
Old 05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joshw020

Not as much as I woulda liked to this year [&o]. . . had too many people asking for a "lil' bit", and I have a hard timeturning anyone down. . .but I did trade 2 steaks and a small roast for 12 pounds of walleye fillets
12 pounds of walleye fillets is well worth it.... thats some good breakfast there.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I'll eat it about 4 times a week if not more! My ground burger gets me 3 burgers a 1 pound package! I just made a roast/stew 2 days ago and finished it tonight. I'll have burgers for lunch tomorrow! I buy very little beef! I make everything out of venision like sloppy joes, meat loaf, burgers, stew and spaghetti sauce etc....
X2
Old 05-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Depends on how the season went. Some years I have to ration it out and some years I can eat it several times a week.
Me too!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

3-4 nights a week, elk mostly for dinner.. out whitetails we make into breakfast sausage and we eat a lot of that for breakfast especially in the summers when my wife and I are not teaching, whitetail burger and jerky too.. no matter how much jerky we make it doesnt last long enough
Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Typical Buck

Not much anymore its almost gone already.Im the only hunter inmy family so everyone comes to me begging during the season.The Christmas Holidaysare always the hardest on my supply but its worth it.Butat least now I can stock the freezer withcrappies they have been biting good.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: How often do you eat venison?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.