Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walking with an arrow? >

Walking with an arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walking with an arrow?

Old 05-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Walking with an arrow?

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

i keep my knife in my hand, last year my parents were attacked and almost killed by a bull mastiff walking down our back roads, my dad was able to put the dog in a choke hold and kill it otherwise things would have turned uglier than they ended up being
Holy ****!! Man eating dogs is the last thing a person should have to worry about when hunting on your own land!! I've had issues with that also in my woods going in to hunt, they didn't make it either.

Back to the question no I don't knock an arrow when walking out or in when its dark. Your asking for it if you trip or something. Allot of people do it though and if it makes you feel better, have at it then but be careful!
Old 05-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL...........you guys are all to funny. I have walked in the woods with an arrow drawn many times but not all the time. Am I a scared person? No, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen my profession. My question was only to find out what everyone carrys in the woods while walking in the dark, not to get harassed, but I guess I asked for it. I forgive everyone that doesn't know me but what else could I exspect from huntingnet. This is a big clique that Im not apart of.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

No arrows in the dark.

I walk in with a light, and about the meanest thing I've encountered is a flying squirrel.

We can now legally carry concealed in PA during our bow season, and usually I am armed, but not really worried about any critters getting me.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illegal to do that in Indiana.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

LOL...........you guys are all to funny. I have walked in the woods with an arrow drawn many times but not all the time. Am I a scared person? No, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen my profession. My question was only to find out what everyone carrys in the woods while walking in the dark, not to get harassed, but I guess I asked for it. I forgive everyone that doesn't know me but what else could I exspect from huntingnet. This is a big clique that Im not apart of.
Actually, your initial question was who walks in the dark woods with an arrow in hand, not what we carry with us while walking in the woods in the dark. There is a difference. However, you must admit you've gotten many posts considering how silly this question was. Wouldn't you agree?
Some folks may think this forum can be clique like, I did for a time,but it should be overlooked, as there is a wealth of knowledge to be had! You are one of us, or you wouldn't have stuck around for theteasing.It's all good.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

I tried to start a clique once! It magically disappeared. [:-]
Old 05-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

I tried to start a clique once! It magically disappeared. [:-]
Must of been a Bad Location?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Typical Buck

Don't walk in with arrow in hand,scared bigfoot may sneak up on me take the arrow from me and stick me in the **s.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kingvjack

I use one to nock down spider webs in the early season.... I hate those big ass green and orange spiders.
I looked those spiders up once an they are called garden spiders if I recall right.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Actually, your initial question was who walks in the dark woods with an arrow in hand, not what we carry with us while walking in the woods in the dark. There is a difference. However, you must admit you've gotten many posts considering how silly this question was. Wouldn't you agree?
Some folks may think this forum can be clique like, I did for a time,but it should be overlooked, as there is a wealth of knowledge to be had! You are one of us, or you wouldn't have stuck around for theteasing.It's all good.
Yes I agree 100% it was a silly question. I can honestly say reading all the post and threads makes my day at work go by quick. I joined this forum to optain the knowledge within the posts in hopes to become a better hunter and make right choices when the choices arrive. Thanks everyone for the input. Flashlight and grenades is better to fall on then flashlight and arrow. My arrow was equiped with a rage anyways I wouldn't of gotten any penetration.

Quick Reply: Walking with an arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.