HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Walking with an arrow? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/247486-walking-arrow.html)

stabnslab_WI 05-27-2008 08:31 PM

Walking with an arrow?

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my Ass down out of that stand and getting to my truck.

edit: DO NOT skirt the profanity filter by using symbols, it's ass, not a$$. If it's allowed, so be it, if not we will delete threads.

Rory/MO 05-27-2008 08:32 PM

RE: Walking with an arrow?

nope, but theyre close in the quiver

kingvjack 05-27-2008 08:34 PM

I use one to nock down spider webs in the early season.... I hate those big ass green and orange spiders.

Steven McBee 05-27-2008 08:38 PM

i keep my knife in my hand, last year my parents were attacked and almost killed by a bull mastiff walking down our backroads, my dad was able to put the dog in a chokehld and kill it otherwise things would have turned uglier than they ended up being

magicman54494 05-27-2008 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
Ya, these animals are real scary:eek:

stabnslab_WI 05-27-2008 08:50 PM

Alright Magic I know you are like Ed Gein and Can all your deer meat and nothing scares you. But to me if I can't tell what is coming at me I'm going to freak out. One time a friend jumped out from behind a tree at a party and my reaction was to punch him in the face. Had no clue what I did but that was my reaction.

djs06dc5 05-27-2008 08:58 PM

you just walk in without a flashlight or what. i do walk with an arrow in hand for the spider web thing, but i always take my small can of bear mace every trip in.

kingvjack 05-27-2008 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Alright Magic I know you are like Ed Gein and Can all your deer meat and nothing scares you. But to me if I can't tell what is coming at me I'm going to freak out. One time a friend jumped out from behind a tree at a party and my reaction was to punch him in the face. Had no clue what I did but that was my reaction.
I generally keep in mind that I'm the meanest thing in the woods that I hunt and if there is something that makes me nervous... I kill it and move on.

whitetailbowhunter 05-27-2008 09:00 PM

No I keep them in my quiver. But usually have keep the sheath for my fixed blade knife open, so it easy to pull it out if needed especially when the wolves are a howling'.

whitetailbowhunter 05-27-2008 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: djs06dc5

you just walk in without a flashlight or what. i do walk with an arrow in hand for the spider web thing, but i always take my small can of bear mace every trip in.
I also have my bear spray in hand and a flashlight.