Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walking with an arrow? >

Walking with an arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walking with an arrow?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Walking with an arrow?

I'm sure it depends on where you live but nothing here in the dark that isn't there in the light.

Why carry an arrow in your hand? If you are that Spooked get a Machete

Dan
Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out one night a mile away from my cabin and it was dark. The kind of dark where you hold out your hand and you can't see it. Then I discovered my flashlight was missing. I eventually made my way out using the light from my gps monitor. There are black bears and wolves where I hunt. I never once was scared. The only thought that crossed my mind was that I was going to have to sleep in the woods when my warm bed was only a mile away!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not going to lie but there is a game farm two miles down the road that have tigers and when the wind is coming out of the north east you can here them plain as day. Its not a well kept game farm, in fact they have a slow camel there that they call Forest Hump. He gets out all the time because he knocks the fence down reaching for grass. They have had a hippo get out and a trout fisherman found itand said it tried attacking him, the DNR had to shoot that one. The game farm called us a different time and told us to keep an eye out for three monkeys that got out of their cage. They found the monkeys dead during the winter. So every time I walk in the woods I never know what I might run into. And yes I have a flashlight but its a streamlight and its not to bright.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know what the end of the arrow has on it, but if it has anything....your just asking to stab yourself somehow...someway.

I have idea! Just run really fast yelling the whole way to your stand. That for sure will work and you won't have to worry about coming up on anything that might "scare" you.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not trying to pick on you. When I was younger the dark bothered me. I even pulled an arrow last season when some wolves got too close for comfort. Some one said earlier something about being the meanest thing in the woods. Thats kind of how I look at it. If something wants a piece of me then bring it on! They might win but I'll do my best to make sure they don't forget me. They will probably find me someday laying dead with a wolves ear in my teeth.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I'm not trying to pick on you. When I was younger the dark bothered me. I even pulled an arrow last season when some wolves got too close for comfort. Some one said earlier something about being the meanest thing in the woods. Thats kind of how I look at it. If something wants a piece of me then bring it on! They might win but I'll do my best to make sure they don't forget me. They will probably find me someday laying dead with a wolves ear in my teeth.
LMAO!! I've done quite a bit of Bear hunting in Canada, and I always carried a sheath knife. I have walked over a mile out of the woods after dark, and I always said joking that a Bear may kill me but the Wife will get a Bear Rug to remember me by

I have been charged while on the ground. I never thought of pulling an arrow, but if that Bear had got close enough it would have been batter up with the Bow.

I figured it would make a pretty darn Good club.

Dan
Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 PM

What part of wisconsin are you from?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:46 PM

I like the running in yelling! I got a visual of some guy doing that. Take a side arm with you. Im thinking about it with all the Wolve talk latley. There are some wierd noises in the north woods at 4:30am.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: djs06dc5

you just walk in without a flashlight or what. i do walk with an arrow in hand for the spider web thing, but i always take my small can of bear mace every trip in.
I walk in without a light (I know my route) with arrows in the quiver until I'm in my stand. I use a stick to clear those spider webs. You probably have a better chance ofhitting the lottery than being hurt by a bear.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope just have the old .44 mag on my hip and loaded and ready to shoot if needed.

Quick Reply: Walking with an arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.