Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The reason im against rages >

The reason im against rages

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The reason im against rages

Old 05-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The reason im against rages

ok, you all know i am against rages so now i will tell you why, it all started 2 years ago when i went on a hog hunt. I was sitting in my treestand when a giant boar walks in to the feeder, when it was broadside at 20 yards i drew my 50 pound XT back and released an arrow that was a little high, but still in the boiler room. I watched the arrow fly straight and when it hit the hog, it stopped? the arrow fell off the hog and it ran off, i climbed down and picked up my arrow and found that it had penetrated to the end of the broadhead????? i could not understand it, but i decided that it was a fluke and chose to use them for that coming deer season...On october 30, i rattled and a 150-155 buck ran in. at 30 yards i drew and released an arrow that if anything was too far back. The arrow flew straight but once it hit the buck itdeflected and angled down its body, i was very mad and have despised the rages ever since! but to its defense, i have yet to find a broadhead in which i am completely happy with, and thats my story lol
Old 05-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Default RE: The reason im against rages

Um, ok.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

Um, ok.
whoops, forgot to put this in, ........does anyone have any idea how these two things could have happened
Old 05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you need a little more poundage to shoot that big of a BH.

Those big boars have an armor plate protecting their vitals. Not sure about the buck.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Maybe you need a little more poundage to shoot that big of a BH.

Those big boars have an armor plate protecting their vitals. Not sure about the buck.
yea i was kinda thinkin that too on the boar but the big buck had me flabbergasted lol
Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

im thinking more poundage, with the hog for sure, and a 30 yard shot on a deer with 50 pounds, thats getting up there in range for that setup.
JMO
Old 05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

We took the 3 blade Rages to Africa last year and had no problem with penetration on Wildebeest, Warthog, Lion or any other plains animals...All poundage was between 60-68lb.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psebwhntr16

We took the 3 blade Rages to Africa last year and had no problem with penetration on Wildebeest, Warthog, Lion or any other plains animals...All poundage was between 60-68lb.
huh, thats weird, i wonder if i bot a messed up pack
Old 05-25-2008, 09:08 PM

If I had the same two experiences as you with the Rages, I would be against them too. I personally shot two mulie bucks with them last year, and my buddy shot a whitetail. We both shoot 60 lb. bows. They worked well. You aren't shooting those real light arrows, are you?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you aren't shooting a bow with 60+ ft/#'s of KE, you shouldn't be shooting a LARGE CUTTING DIAMETER MECHANICAL ANYHOW!!!! If you are shooting a 50# bow, you should be sticking with a Cut-on-contact like a Magnus or Silverflame or maybe even a Sonic. MANY of the Mechanical BH haters are guys who never had any business shooting them anyhow. Not trying to be mean, just HONEST!!!

Quick Reply: The reason im against rages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.