Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me choose new arrows. >

Help me choose new arrows.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me choose new arrows.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me choose new arrows.

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: mobow

You want fat for 3D, but not necessarily for hunting.
Why would you want a fat shaft arrowfor 3D?
Probably so you would have a better chance of hitting a higher scoring ring. Am i right 3d guys?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep... You can "steal" a few points per round by having a larger shaft that will "cut" the next scoring line... hence, the names like "Linecutter" or "Linejammer"...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 PM

Carbon Express Terminator 4560's custom fletched with 2" blazers.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Thanks for the help guys! I used to shoot Maximas and actually changed to the CAAs to save a few bucks, but I love both arrows.

Don, I would need a 350 for the maxima hunters correct? I used to shoot 250s and i think i was underspined a bit, but got away with it because of my short draw.

Matt, Do you know the diameter on those victories? Are they close to most hunting arrows?
MO,
If you're looking to save a little cash, check out Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme arrows, they are a Beman ICS Hunter re-tagged, .003 straightness and TOUGH as can be. The only ones I've busted are a couple I hit rocks with, and the ones I've "ROBINHOODED (6 total, and I even quit shooting group, plus one REAL close that I busted the nock on just this past week when I was setting new sights up). You could get away with a 55/70 at 26" and 67#'s. If you get them, call a Cabela's Pro-Shop and have them cut and square them for you, then all you've got to do is insert them and your shooting if you get them already fletched.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0004537&navCount=1&parentId=cat 20061&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmC at=MainCatcat21424-cat20061_TGP&parentType=index&indexId=cat2 0061&rid=

Old 05-23-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Thanks for the help guys! I used to shoot Maximas and actually changed to the CAAs to save a few bucks, but I love both arrows.

Don, I would need a 350 for the maxima hunters correct? I used to shoot 250s and i think i was underspined a bit, but got away with it because of my short draw.

Matt, Do you know the diameter on those victories? Are they close to most hunting arrows?
MO,
If you're looking to save a little cash, check out Cabela's Carbon Stalker Extreme arrows, they are a Beman ICS Hunter re-tagged, .003 straightness and TOUGH as can be. The only ones I've busted are a couple I hit rocks with, and the ones I've "ROBINHOODED (6 total, and I even quit shooting group, plus one REAL close that I busted the nock on just this past week when I was setting new sights up). You could get away with a 55/70 at 26" and 67#'s. If you get them, call a Cabela's Pro-Shop and have them cut and square them for you, then all you've got to do is insert them and your shooting if you get them already fletched.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?id=0004537&navCount=1&parentId=cat 20061&masterpathid=&navAction=push&cmC at=MainCatcat21424-cat20061_TGP&parentType=index&indexId=cat2 0061&rid=
Thanks OH! I'll check those out.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, im shooting the victory force arrows and have nothing but good to say about them. They will see the 3d course sunday and will be in the woods with me this fall
Old 05-23-2008, 10:53 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Matt, im shooting the victory force arrows and have nothing but good to say about them. They will see the 3d course sunday and will be in the woods with me this fall
And they seemed to be tough enough for turkey this season. Congrats again buddy! Have you had any misses or arrow slapping with them? And if you did how did they old up? By the way you dont have to admit any missesif you dont want to..lol
Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

No misses yet, but some slapping together,yes I backed off that and just shoot indavidual spots now.
I take it back:: one miss The very first shot with the bow and arrows was at 20 and a guess on the pins It hit just under the target into terra firma held up great
Old 05-24-2008, 08:35 AM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

No misses yet, but some slapping together,yes I backed off that and just shoot indavidual spots now.
I take it back:: one miss The very first shot with the bow and arrows was at 20 and a guess on the pins It hit just under the target into terra firma held up great
Cool! Thanks Dan! I'm probably going to be shooting those for the get together!