Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why do we? Why do we not? >

Why do we? Why do we not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why do we? Why do we not?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why do we? Why do we not?

I was think about the thread "The Kill" that was going on a few weeks back, and i was wondering.. For those of us who enjoy the kill. Why do we enjoy it? What doe we enjoy about it? And for those of us who don't enjoy it. Why don't we enjoy it? What do we not enjoy about it?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do we? Why do we not?

I enjoy the hunt and while the death of animal affects me spiritually, it does not affect me that much emotionally. I chose to hunt, therefore I chose to kill. I am grounded in that respect mentally.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well for me it's a jobwell done. The finality of all the time, effort, preparedness,etc. It gives my a sense of pride and accomplishment. I don'thunt just to kill. We really like the meat and there isn't another way to get all we want.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

To me the Kill is part of the hunting experience, part of the hunt....... I enjoy the Hunt!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

While the kill does not equal a successful hunt, I believe it does provide a sense of satisfaction. I live for all of the preparation; the scouting, target shooting, glassing, stand setting, etc. The kill is the end result of all of that hard work. My family and I truly do enjoy the meat, it is not just about the antlers. With that comes the knowledge that as you sit down to a meal consisting of the fruits of your labors that you did everything right, that it all paid off. Because of that, yes, I do enjoy the kill.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-24-2008, 06:51 AM

For me just being in the outdoors (Gods church) is my reward. Being able to harvest an animal is a bonus that comes from the hard work, preperation and dedication I put in.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: spudrow

Well for me it's a jobwell done. The finality of all the time, effort, preparedness,etc. It gives my a sense of pride and accomplishment. I don'thunt just to kill. We really like the meat and there isn't another way to get all we want.

Spudrow from Mo
That and bowhunting ain't catch and release. That's kinda why I'm out there with those sharp things on the end of my arrows.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 AM

Instinct, it's what we were designed to do. We are hunters by nature, and while we have been domesticated many of us still have that recessed gene.

The same thing happens with a common house cat. They are born killers, pure and simple. Most domesticated house cats never need to hunt for food, they get everything the need handed to them and are spoiled rotten. Yet they spend most of their day stalking and honing their hunting skills for no good reason. Even if they don't have another cat to teach them how to do it. It is ingrained in their genetic make up. My cat has never been out of the house and it will attack anything that moves if it feels like it. And it's good at it. Cats are one of the few the animals that are like us, they kill simply to kill. Dogs will do it sometimes, but not to the degree that a cat will. Cats seem to gain some sort of pleasure out of tormenting and then killing their prey.

I simply refuse to apologize for who and what I am.

Paul
Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Instinct, it's what we were designed to do. We are hunters by nature, and while we have been domesticated many of us still have that recessed gene.

The same thing happens with a common house cat. They are born killers, pure and simple. Most domesticated house cats never need to hunt for food, they get everything the need handed to them and are spoiled rotten. Yet they spend most of their day stalking and honing their hunting skills for no good reason. Even if they don't have another cat to teach them how to do it. It is ingrained in their genetic make up. My cat has never been out of the house and it will attack anything that moves if it feels like it. And it's good at it. Cats are one of the few the animals that are like us, they kill simply to kill. Dogs will do it sometimes, but not to the degree that a cat will. Cats seem to gain some sort of pleasure out of tormenting and then killing their prey.

I simply refuse to apologize for who and what I am.

Paul
QFE

No need to church it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.