Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Worst hunting investment ever? >

Worst hunting investment ever?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worst hunting investment ever?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Worst hunting investment ever?

Lets hear it. What was the biggest waste of money you've ever bought. Mine was the rattling sticks/grunt calls that I bought 15 years ago. 2 big tubes that were notched, you rubbed them together to "rattle" with. The tubes doubled as a grunt call/doe bleat. Total POS.

Close runner up would be a pair of battery powered heated socks. Nothing like sweaty feet and wires in your boots to spell comfort.[&:]
Old 05-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Worst hunting investment ever?

I bought a ladder stand when I first joined the military. This was the first store bought stand I had ever hunted out of. Being in the military, I did not have a bunch of money, I think I paid $75.00 for it. It was maybe, MAYBE 10ft tall and the platform was like 18"x18" with no seat. I think it was made by API, no really sure, that was a long time ago. Needless to say, after the third of fourth time I fell out of it, I busted it up in a bunch of pieces. I am sure it is still laying in the woods somewhere in the U.P of Michigan.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hands down for me it was Scent Blocker and Scent Lok, a waste of my money! The stuff has been sitting in a rubbermaid tub for the past 4 years!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, this one is easy. This is not only the wost hunting investment it just happens to be the worst investment I have ever made. Here you have it....My travel trailer, is the worst investment I have ever made. It sits all year until deer season comes and here in the last 2-3 years I have actuallt been able to afford to take some trips through the off deer season but the thing stays in the shop. It is almost paid for....Thank the lord!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:03 AM

Hands down for me it was Scent Blocker and Scent Lok, a waste of my money! The stuff has been sitting in a rubbermaid tub for the past 4 years!
....only took 8 minutes...
Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

If yer lookin to unload any of that....shoot me a PM.....

I would say my worst investmentwas cheap arrows. Good arrows are worth the money.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Worst hunting purchase? Cheap decoys, both for waterfowl and turkeys. I learned quickly to spend the money on more durable, more life-like decoys.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

hm thats a toughy
Old 05-23-2008, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

hm thats a toughy
You've had that many bad investments eh?
Old 05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

the first couple trail cams I bought.. way over priced compared to what I can get today ...

Quick Reply: Worst hunting investment ever?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.