Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ? for you color blind people >

? for you color blind people

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? for you color blind people

Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 AM

Default ? for you color blind people

I'm color blind, so I sometimes have trouble following a light blood trail. So far, it hasn't cost me a deer yet, but looking to keep that streak alive. I'm just wondering if some of you other color blind guys have any tips/tricks that help you with your trailing? Also, are any of the new blood tracking lights out there now that make trailing any easier for you?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 AM

Default RE: ? for you color blind people

Well, I'm not color blind.....but......Last year I used one of those 3 LED lights that clips to your hat....these were green lights and made blood look like a black spot on the ground. It actually stood out very well, once I learned what I was looking at.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

I am very color blind and have a terrible time with blood trails. If I have any trouble finding my deer I have several buddies that are more than happy to come help. My wife bought me a new tracking light and I am anxious to use it. On a side note, the rest of you might want to consider faking color blindness because it means more help dragging!!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM

A guy i hunt with is color blind as well and i only live about a mile from the spot, so if he shoots one i always get a call. Its always fun to go help him.

[/align]
Old 05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

dont' mean to hi jack the thread or anything. But do you colorblind guys have trouble seeing the pins on your sights?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:29 AM

Yeah, I usually have a buddy help me out if I'm having too much trouble, just looking for a way to not have to rely on other people.

Kamil
I have zero trouble with seeing my pins, it's just hard to tell what color your pin is!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

yeah that was what I was asking, but at least theres someone that understands me!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have trouble with red pins in low light so I always switch them out for the lighter colors.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

I am color blind, and have a tough time with blood trails, I bought a UV flashlight, and it makes the blood glow a little.

Also I can not see my red pin, so I just switched it out.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:20 PM

Yep, i'm colorblind too. It is extremely difficult for me to see blood on the ground or on trees and brush. If it isn't an very heavy trail, I have to basically follow it on my hands and knees. I still remember when i found my first spot of blood by myself. I was so excited and i hadn't even found my deer yet.

mobow, is right with the green LED light. I've used the blue, the white and the green, but the only one that actually helped me was the green light. The blood appeared to be black to me also.

craitchky, the UV light sounds interesting. I might have to try one of those, where'd you get it?

Kamil, as for the pins...I don't pay attention to the colors. They could all be the same as far as I'm concerned. In my head they're labeled as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Quick Reply: ? for you color blind people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.