Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ? for you color blind people >

? for you color blind people

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

? for you color blind people

Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Default RE: ? for you color blind people

Yeah, I heard about the peroxide thing last year. I was going to try that, but the only deer I shot after getting the stuff onlymade itabout 10 yds.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to try either the green LED or the UV light out this year, and I'll let you guys know how it works.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

huh, i may have to try peroxide when im in a jam
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kamil

dont' mean to hi jack the thread or anything. But do you colorblind guys have trouble seeing the pins on your sights?
Just so everyone knows colorblind people still see the correct color, it's just easy to lose site of a blooddrop on brown leaves which actually have a red hue themselfs. The colorsblend real easy. Do you remember the part of the eye test where the doctor shows you pages in a book that has a circle filled with red or green or brown spots and inside that cluster of spots there's a hidden number. Not really hidden though because it jumps right out at you. Well those of us who are colorblind don't see those hidden numbers, same thing happens with a blood trail.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I bet you color blind people would benifit from Peroxide.

Especially when used in conjunction with a blood flashlight like previous described.

Hydrogen Peroxide makes the blood stand out more. There used to be a product on the hunting market that claimed it was blood magnifying luquid. in reality, it was Peroxide...

Take a small spray bottle, fill it with peroxide..Leave it in your truck or your pack..When you find your arrow, start spraying a little bit. Locate that blood trail and then spray a little and walk.
Exactly what I was going to suggest.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Spike

Never heard of the peroxide thing does itchange the color the red color , If you guys ever watch any of the crime shows did you ever here of Luminol they spray area down and it will show were blood was like a blue color here is a web site http://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol1.htmand if do a google you can find some places selling it
Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lonehunter61

Never heard of the peroxide thing does itchange the color the red color , If you guys ever watch any of the crime shows did you ever here of Luminol they spray area down and it will show were blood was like a blue color here is a web site http://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol1.htmand if do a google you can find some places selling it
Thats defenitely what we need to cary on evening hunts. I am always really worried about loosing a deer after an evening hunt because usually its too dang hot to let it sit until the morning in Texas.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Just so everyone knows colorblind people still see the correct color, it's just easy to lose site of a blooddrop on brown leaves which actually have a red hue themselfs. The colorsblend real easy. Do you remember the part of the eye test where the doctor shows you pages in a book that has a circle filled with red or green or brown spots and inside that cluster of spots there's a hidden number. Not really hidden though because it jumps right out at you. Well those of us who are colorblind don't see those hidden numbers, same thing happens with a blood trail.
I wouldwager aguess that there aredifferent types or levels of colorblind...I cant describe red, exceptthrough my perception of it...nor brown etc.

they are merely different shades of essentially the same color to me that is...

When hunting, I generally spot thenon nature shapeof an animal before otherssee it whent heya relooking for color...So I see the odd shape, not the color...

Old 05-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have problems with dark shades of Blue, Green and Brown. For some reason they all look black to me.

WHat I do find interesting is that I see better in the dark than non colorblind people, anyone else?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Spike

I have the issues with red's and browns -blues and purples I do think that I also can see betterat night in along edges of the woods and fields

Quick Reply: ? for you color blind people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.