Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Farthest bull eyes practice shot? >

Farthest bull eyes practice shot?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Farthest bull eyes practice shot?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Farthest bull eyes practice shot?

I can only do out to forty but this is only my second year shooting a bow and there is no way i would do that at a deer. But on this one hunting show i saw some duy shooting good from ninety.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

oK here goes....[&:]I did this last year with my bear element... It's not the bullsize but its the tightest group I've ever made, and it was acheived by complete accident at 60 yards.

Buckmaster~~ Judging by the [&:], seems like you are waiting on someone to tell you that you did not group like that at 60! If I remember correctly didnt the last time you posted that pic it went like 10pages???
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

During training for our 2006 New York FITA championship, I shot my personal best score at 90 meters (roughly 99 yards) of a 319 if I remember correctly. This consists of 36 arrows shot (6 seperate ends of 6 arrows each)at a target that has 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1scoring rings outside and in the elements.

I don't remember how many 10 rings I hit but it was quite a few. The wind is a real PITAat those distances though, I remember having to read the wind flags and learning how to give it some kentucky windage to compensate.

That's me at full draw in the black, and I'm shooting at one of the furthest target butts you can see on the far right hand side, I believe this was one of my 90 meter ends.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

[align=left]
Buckmaster~~ Judging by the [&:], seems like you are waiting on someone to tell you that you did not group like that at 60! If I remember correctly didnt the last time you posted that pic it went like 10pages??? [/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Yes... they're were a select few trying to over analyze.... I was still new to the boards too, broke me in real good.[/align][align=right][/align]
Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 40 yards. get about a 3in group.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is only 25yrds, but their broadheads.My max range is 30yrds.I've put this on here before.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is there a fifth arrow in that last group? I see an extra fletch.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

We used to practice at long ranges all the time.......At my buddy Frank's house we would routinely shoot the entire length of his backyard at a McKenzie bedded buck target. A prettyroutine group of 6 arrows would be 4 10's and two 8's.Some better, some worse.The target was exactly 92 yards from the shooting stake.

The longest 1 arrow unknown distance shot I have ever made was on a dare in front of about a dozen people. It was after our winter 3D league shoot you could see a deer target off the practice range and up through the woods. We got talking about how far is it, and could you hit it and before you know it the bets were laid down.
The range was confirmed clear and the calibration began. LOL
At that range your mind more or less has to picture the trajectory of the arrow and youbasically FEEL where you have to aim.
I mentally picked a spot on a tree well over the target on the line I wanted and shot a solid 8 just under the 10 ring..........after the arrow hit the target was officially laser ranged at 87 yards. (I had honestly guessed it at 85 yards)
And NO I didn'tattempt an encore shot.........

I will routinely practice at 60 and 70 yards at my club just to hone form, and NOTHING makes a 30 yard shot feel like a chip shot like shooting groups at 70. PLus it's fun to watch em' fly.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

Is there a fifth arrow in that last group? I see an extra fletch.
No, that's a stripped vane. It's a four arrow group.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Landon you'll have to swing by the house so we can shoot some distance. I've got an 80 yard line... it ain't as hard as you might think as long as the wind ain't blowing.

The really really hard part is knowing that you are at 80 yards.... the difference between 20 and 25 or even 30 yards for our bows is the difference between a high lung hit and a heart shot. The difference between 75 and 80 is the difference between a high lung hit and the grass three feet in front of the target.

I've sunk three straight into a central dot on the bag target about the size of a big gulp cup from the back fence across the street. Just gotta get her dialed in and make a good shot.

Quick Reply: Farthest bull eyes practice shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.