Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tom Miranda?

Old 02-25-2003, 07:41 AM

Default Tom Miranda?

How many of you guys are fand of Tom Miranda, ive seen a few of his movies and watched him a few times on ESPN and really like him. I enjoy watching his shows. What do you guys think of him?
Old 02-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tom Miranda?

The best thing about Tom Miranda is... he ain' t Jackie Bushman.[8D]

I really didn' t care too much for Miranda when he first started out, but I do think he' s ' matured' some in the past couple of years.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I think what makes him so " Ehhhh" is that he' s a terrible actor and comes across either a little phony or a little too much at times... but like they say, the guy does it all and really seems to enjoy himself a lot. I guess he got his roots really big in Trapping in the early days. I think he' s probably a pretty good woodsman and outdoorsman. When he stood there at full draw in knee deep freezing water on a cold Alaska rainy day while that grizzly stood up and looked at him from about 18 yards I gained a lot of respect for him.He could use a couple acting lesson though.(I do miss that imodicon)

KRISKEN: Another one of his sayings that doesn' t fit is, " he came right down the garden path" . YUK
Old 02-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-25-2003, 11:07 AM

Your right, he could use some acting lessons. His personality on camera stinks[:' (]
But his bowhunts for Grizzly and Cape buffalo have really impressed me alot. He may not be the best hunting personality, but the guy sure can bowhunt, and for that he has all of my respect.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

He kind of gets on my nerves. I like his shows but I have to watch them with the volume off.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:00 PM

I find Miranda too much for my taste. I don' t watch his show unless I have no other choice. His enthusiasm real or not is a little over the top for me.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:26 PM

Sometime alittle to dramatic for me. Another thing not only with his shows but the majority of them is that they seem staged. Like after a kill is made the camera goes past the animal & gets shots of the hunter walking up to it. Or when calling a turkey for example, the gobble is coming in & is in sight and they keep right on calling like it' s a couple of hundred yards away. Primos is about as close to actual being on the hunt as any of the shows.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only thing I dont like about Tom is every time he shoots he says " good shot" or " good hit" even after he gut shot a deer he sad " good hit"

Quick Reply: Tom Miranda?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.