Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM

Default RE: What does your average, adult whitetail wiegh in your area ?

I think it is like 140 around here?Although there have been some monsters taken from Jackson.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

This thread cracks me up witha coupleof the ridiculous numbers thrown out..... Anyhow....

In my area of NE Ohio most mature bucks will weigh between 180-200 pounds. Every now and then you will see one that cracks 210, but not often, in fact I only personally know of one.

Mature does usually fall into the 110-130 range.The heaviest doe I have personally sawwas 135.

These are dressed weights.

[/align]
Ditto all that. I used to weigh every single deer we shot, so have weighed a couple hundred. NJ must have it going on, cause these midwest deer we have here in MO, IL, and IA (and apparently OH too) have nothing on those body weights.

Good pix Dan!
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Ditto all that. I used to weigh every single deer we shot, so have weighed a couple hundred. NJ must have it going on, cause these midwest deer we have here in MO, IL, and IA (and apparently OH too) have nothing on those body weights.

Good pix Dan!
NOt really. Aside from the buck and doe that I mentioned DRESSED wieght, everything else is on hoof.

So the average dressed doe would tip the scales around 35lbs lighter...meaning about 110-120lbs.

mature bucks would tip the scales around the 180-200lbs range.

Why does everyone think thats so incredibly heavy ?
They are all shooting 1.5-2.5 year olds
Old 05-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

B. J. Carothers Canadian White Tail
Field Dressed: 350 lbs.
179 B&C

Old 05-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would say in my area of Pa, the average adultbuck, not to be confused with mature (they rarely live long enough),would be around 150lbs. The average doe would be about 110-120lbs.These are live weights. My largest buck (in my avatar),weighed 300lbs live weight, but I killed him in Alberta. Here's my horse.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

A mature buck around here usually dresses around 170-210. Depending on the buck and time of year, the size can be much larger or even smaller. My 06' buck dressed out and tipped the scales at 267. One of the biggest bodied bucks i've seen around here. But it was before the rut, with plenty of optimal food sources nearby. He had thick layers of fat everywhere.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

dressed weight on average a 2.5 buck will weigh around 150 dressed. 3.5 around 170. my 4.5 was around 200 dressed
does will average about110 - 120 dressed
Old 05-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Average wieght of a mature whitetail in your area.

and

Feel free to list the heaviest whitetail you have taken.

Here in my area of NJ, there is mostly private farmland. Seems that, from speaking with other hunters, the average wieght of an adult whitetail is in the 230lbs for bucks, range. 150lbs for doe range

One hunter claimed and was backed by several other hunters to have harvested a buck that wieghed 270. Who knows.

My 2.5yo buck last season dressed at 161 lbs and I killed 2 doe last year that dressed in the same area, one doe tipped the scales at 176, dressed. and the other I didnt wiegh, but she was BIG. Very rare, for me anyway.

I see these guys in the mid-west smacking 300lbs bucks and 250lbs doe !!! Thats BEAST !!
Very few and far between get this big, specially the doe's! I live in the Midwest so I see allot of these big bucks and big doe's that people shoot here in Minnesota. To this day the biggest doe I've seen that someone shot dressed out 150lbs. I know there are some that are bigger but in most cases people guess the weight rather then actually weigh the deer dressed out. In Central Minnesota a big mature buck could easily weigh 200+ early in the season. That same buck in Mid November could weigh 160lbs. They really loose allot of weight from running the doe's. As for the doe's a big doe around here is normally 130lbs dressed. During the gun season every year I always here of a few 150lbs+ doe's shot. I seen a couple last year hunting that I bet pushed 150lbs to 160lbs dressed, they were the biggest doe's I've ever seen!

My biggest doe dressed out at 120lbs.
My biggest buck dressed out at 210lbs.
Very True!! Guys blow the weights up. I saw it happen all the time when I ran a check station.

Most mature Bucks in this area will field dress 200#+ The biggest I've shot and weighed 240# Field Dressed. I have shot several Bucks that field dressed 200# to 210#

Dan

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.