Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you Hang On stand guys >

For you Hang On stand guys

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Hang On stand guys

Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For you Hang On stand guys

I don't do it often, but at times I have4 lone wolf stix & a loggy bayou hangon that I can put up in around 15 minutes at a pace that doesn't make me sweat.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

I'm going this route this season. Screw in steps and a hanging stand. I'm thinking about the Gorilla Silverback Scout. 8.5 pounds and half the price of the Lone Wolf. I'm planning on pretapping some trees for the steps in August when I'm in PA so hopefully that will speed up the process.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

summit copper head.... one stand as many trees u want! my plan this year is to have steps in what ever trees i want.. for this treestand all you need to do is put the straps in what ever trees you want then jus hook the stand on the strap... if you look it up youll understand what i mean...very slick idea
Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Even though I've owned a couple Summit climbers and now own a Lone Wolf Alpha hand climber, I'm still at heart a hard-core steps-plus-hang-on guy.

I probably hang between 75-100 stands every year, and have done so for over a decade now... it's very simple, super-effective and pretty quick. I'd say the guys above have mentioned times that are realistic if you know what you're doing: 10 minutes or so is pretty attainable from start to scanning the woods for movement after you're perched in your seat.

Come shoot Festus with us this weekend, and I'll walk you through how I do it... I'm saving the writing fora story I'm putting together for a magazine.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh. I will tell you this secret, since I won't get to mention specific manufacturers in my article: buy Cranford's steps. Hands down, no-questions-about-it... the very best there is, and will make ALL the difference in how easily you can do this. Period. Don't even think about buying anything else. Trust me on this one -- and yes, I pay full retail for my Cranfords; I'm not "affiliated" with them as someone puts it.

I've got four Lone Wolf sticks too with my Alpha Hang-On, and they're very nice too.. but I still think I'd prefer nine Cranford steps over the sticks.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Trust me on this one -- and yes, I pay full retail for my Cranfords; I'm not "affiliated" with them as someone puts it.
Same here.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Trust me on this one -- and yes, I pay full retail for my Cranfords; I'm not "affiliated" with them as someone puts it.
Same here.
X3!!

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use all Lone Wolf right now and you can't beat it!!! I am right there on the time with everyone else but mine is about 15 minutes because I am always hanging two stands one for the cameraman!!! Walt
Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

I use all Lone Wolf right now and you can't beat it!!! I am right there on the time with everyone else but mine is about 15 minutes because I am always hanging two stands one for the cameraman!!! Walt
Walt, You are a nice Guy!!

Make him hang his own![8D]

Dan
Old 05-16-2008, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

I hang my stands using Cranford also, have used them for as long as I can remember.......safest screwin steps on the market. Personally I prefer the rod steps though they are more bulky. For my run and hunt setup I use my Lone Wolf Assault and the Lone Wolf climbing sticks....I can put the sticks up and hang the Assault fairly quickly, and if I need to go higher I carry a few Cranfords to put up toward the top.

Quick Reply: For you Hang On stand guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.