Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A TROPHY ANIMAL ? >

WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A TROPHY ANIMAL ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A TROPHY ANIMAL ?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:34 AM

Default RE: WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A TROPHY ANIMAL ?

To me a trophy in terms of whitetail deer would be any sized buck or doe that has exceptionally keen senses making it difficult to take.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

A trophy is any animal I take with a bow and arrow.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CIDEERHUNTER

As a hunter i truly cherrish all of them,but i love a whitetail buck,i dont really go by inches i go buy the way he looks and makes me feel during the encounter thats the trophy in hunting the memories
A Trophy is a personal thing. What may be a trophy to one will not necessarily be to another. Be considerate and supportive of your fellow hunters.

Never Rain on Their Trophy!

Dan
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

A true trophy is in the eye of the beholder!![&:]
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Anything bigger than the one I took last time
Old 05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any animal that when sitting next to mashed potatoes and gravy makes my stomach growl.

Tom
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Well, I used to regard each deer I shot w/ archery tackle as a trophy. Not anymore. I don't even take pics of the does anymore. I view it as an accomplishment, but not a trophy. I'm proud of them, and I enjoy eating them, but not a trophy.

To me, a true trophy is something more. I'm not sure how to word this....Ummmm......Ok, for instance......I wouldn't drive a doe around and show my buddies anymore. I MAY call and tell them, but I'm not going to "show it off" anymore. A trophy, to me anyway, is something I would drive to my buddies house and say hey...Lookie what I did. It's special. Different.

I hope that makes sense anyway.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

IMOa trophy is what ever makes the hunter happy about the hunt and animal killed.

The best thing that could be done for our sport is to throw all the record books away.
Unfortunately it is far too late now. Too much money involved. The folks that are hunting for inches of bone know exactly what they are willing to pay for.

Anything bigger than the one I took last time
I am not criticizing when I ask this but wouldn't you eventually run out of trophies? And then what do you do?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:07 AM

Well I don't see deer as trophies, just food... If I have to say a trophy animal it would be any big cat, crocodile, rhino, wolverine, just about anything that will fight back if you shoot it. Deer whise, 10+ pointer, and non-typical.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well, I used to regard each deer I shot w/ archery tackle as a trophy. Not anymore. I don't even take pics of the does anymore. I view it as an accomplishment, but not a trophy. I'm proud of them, and I enjoy eating them, but not a trophy.

To me, a true trophy is something more. I'm not sure how to word this....Ummmm......Ok, for instance......I wouldn't drive a doe around and show my buddies anymore. I MAY call and tell them, but I'm not going to "show it off" anymore. A trophy, to me anyway, is something I would drive to my buddies house and say hey...Lookie what I did. It's special. Different.

I hope that makes sense anyway.
Exactly Don! Our ideas of a trophy change the more years we hunt.

If I have a new Hunter that stops by and is all pumped over a button buck he just arrowed. I may not feel the way he does, but I'm High 5ing him just the same.

To him it's a Trophy!!

and rightfully so!

Dan

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YOU CONSIDER A TROPHY ANIMAL ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.