Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO >

Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO

Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO

I'm not up for a discussion on whether or not bait piles are a like or dislike...

I totally refuse to make a video production for sale that shows a bait pile. just my opinion. However, here in Michigan we have a 2 gallon rule..I won't lie...with no camera man it makes a sweet focal point to manage the kill shot on your own while hunting with a bow..

Tell me why or why not you say no bait on video...
Old 05-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO

I don't know about it if it is just for a sweet clip, but for some animals, like Black bears, that is the best way to hunt for them.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I say to each his own .... why care what someone else does legally???????????????????????????
Old 05-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting...this leaves room for discussion...or another post....I agree...I would sell vid with bear kills on bait...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 PM

When I head up to MN bear hunting in the next year or two, you bet Ill be hunting over bait.

Its highly probable we will be filming some too.

Heck, might even try and make it happen from a ground blind, with the bow either way.[&:] I want to hunt from the Double Bull, but that's the tough guy talking who is 1000 miles away from the actual bears...

I personally dont hunt deer over bait piles. food plots, water holes, oak trees,and ag fields, yes...bait piles, no. To each his own, but I prefer not to. Many of my friends do though, and I dont look down on them at all. Heckeven I did back when I first started hunting, but soon grew out of it, wanting more of a "challenge".
Old 05-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

great info drop tine
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Im not a big fan of baiting deer, I like to catch them on their natural travel routes. However, I do have feeders set up on the edge of crop fields and food plot fields.

For videoing, we do NOT allow the feeders to be shown, we usually dont hunt near them anyhow.

I dont think a bait pile represents what a hunting show should. I believe a hunting show should be educational and a challenge hunt. No feeders, no bait....Pure HUNTING. Seeing a mature buck shot on tv, while he is standing below a feeder, isnt exciting for me.

However, if you must bait, or its a tactic you truely believe in and employ, go fit it. If you want to video and feel that the bait will add to your success, do what I do in bare fields or cut crop fields that have been eaten down:

Get a large, quality lawn spreader. Fill it with corn, buck-o-la of whatever grain/grain mixture youd like and spread it out. If you want, do it in the woods. This will broadcast the feed over a larger area. It will be hard to see on film and appear more natural to wildlife.

Like I said, I do this late in the season. Ill spread anywhere between 5 -10+ bags in a field that deer travel through. Ill put out some kind of scent/scented feedto help them find it. 2 days later, Ill glass the field at night and see what poppin'.

Works great, and like I said, on film...it would be hard to notice.
Honest question....why on earth even bait the animal if your too embarrassed to show it on film?

If your going to bait the animal, why not just have a feeder out there and let it be known?

Seems pretty deceitful to me...

How long have you been filmin for, and for what production company?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Im not a big fan of baiting deer, I like to catch them on their natural travel routes. However, I do have feeders set up on the edge of crop fields and food plot fields.
?????????????????????! Maybe I'm misunderstanding your statement. You're not a fan of baiting deer, but you bait them anyway?

I say to each his own .... why care what someone else does legally???????????????????????????
X2!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

no bait here its illegal! I did hunt over bait in New Brunswick for bear..Its so thick thats the only way to do it up there!

Quick Reply: Bait Piles,Bow Kills, And Video. I say NO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.