Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stolen Stands need Ideas >

Stolen Stands need Ideas

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Stands need Ideas

Old 05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stolen Stands need Ideas

How 'bout putting one of this on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Leghold_trap.JPG
Old 05-09-2008, 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Syclone

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

Wouldn't the tar dry? Try running an electrical current through the thing. I'd put a camera up and laugh my @$$ off at the jerks. I was kidding about the electrical current (how would you get electricity to the stand?). Best of luck to you.
This is not a half bad idea. Just needs some refinement. How about a taser, that is hooks up to a stand? Might be some modifing of the trigger and such.
battery for a car and jumper cables?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:09 AM

Fishing line with razor blades attached in a square arond the tree. or just look up some traps the viet cong used that should learn em to steal stuff that aint theres.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 PM

You need another tree stand set up on the first tree stand, and just blunt them. You need some human intervention to be sure you aren't just shocking or leg holding some kid who went up for a look. Something that works great on bikes is loosening the front wheel, they steal the bike, or at least they ride off on it, and their face ends up on the ground, can't think of a stand equivalent. You need to rig a stand with one of those thigns they put on motorcycles that actually track the thief to their home.

A more passive approach would be to get rid of the ladder stand and use some simmons steps and some kind of easy hanging tree stand. Whatever the simplest system you could handle hanging every time. Another possibility would be to weld up your own stands and build in your name or "stolen", or some such.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

I have a buddy that makes all his ladder stands out of pipe ... that's PIPE, not tubing. The things weigh a ton and have to be put up with a tractor and front end loader. Once there, it is very unlikely that anyone is going to steal them. He had big theft problems, which prompted him to use these heavy stands. None of them have been stolen ....