Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help with my pop-up blind setup! >

Help with my pop-up blind setup!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with my pop-up blind setup!

Old 05-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help with my pop-up blind setup!

This is my first year using a blind, so I may be lacking some knowledge.

I bought the blind (escape deluxe) mainly to use when taking my son (just turned 13) bowhunting (turkey) this year. I had him practice out the windows and we practiced setting the blind up in the dark, etc. No problems.

My only problem is seeing out of the blind. I can see if I kneel or huntch over a bit, but for long periods of time, it gets pretty uncomforatable.

Going into the woods, I carry the blind in the backback that came with it, and my son carries his bow, and our day backpack (decoys, lunch, etc).

So what I'm asking is what do you guys use to sit on that can be carried in and setup easy, quiet and fast to setup, also has to be lite. As you can see we already have a bunch of stuff (too much IMO) going into the woods.

Thanks,
BobCo

Old 05-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help with my pop-up blind setup!

BobCo,

I have the same blind and I am about the same size as you. Cabelas makes this little folding stool. It has three legs and twists open. It fits nicely into the blind carrying bag right next to the blind itself. I believe it sells for right around $20. If I can find it on the website then I will post the link.

Edited:

Dang Padlock filtering system here at work won't let me on the Cabelas website because of the "weapons". Sorry.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have hunted from blinds a little bit.......for turkeys and deer, and for me if the chair/stool doesn't have a backrest on it I don't even give it a second look.

You think you're ok because they feel comfortable initially but after an hour or so I want to eat a bullet if I can rest my back against something. It just flat out wears on you.

Those simple fold out camp chairs with the slip over back rest that you can fold up and stow in the included bag seem to work just fine. You can scoot out to the edge to shoot but lean back when you start to get tired of being hunched over.
You can bungee cord 2 of them to the blind itself and it should only add 6-8lbs?

Old 05-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I carry a tripod stool I got off the NWTF site that has a backrest on it. It fits into a pocket on my wild thing pack.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what I use. I can carry it by the strap on my back along with my blind. Easy to carry and reasonably comfortable. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_45374_350004003_350000000_350004000_350-4-3
Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Mine is exactly like that one, Greg.....sans the cup holder.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the cupholder to hold calls. Pretty handy.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never hunted out of a ground blind before, so I don't have any suggestions for ya Bob, but for amoment thereI was
wondering why you had a picture of bowtechbenstanding in front of your blind.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 of the chairs that Greg posted (only in camo) for each blind that I have. I also have a third seat that is a bit heavier duty and sits about 4" higher than that one, but is of similar design. I use that one for archery hunting now, because it gets me high enough so that I don't shoot the blind with it. I have shot the side of the blind 2x times now using the lower chairs........lol.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:20 AM

I went through four or five chairs before I found one that was comfortable and just the right height. Gotta have a backrest to sit for any length of time, although when it comes to shooting I still prefer to get out of the chair and shoot kneeling - if there is time to get the chair off to the side first.

Quick Reply: Help with my pop-up blind setup!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.