Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunter, target, or both? >

Hunter, target, or both?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunter, target, or both?

Old 02-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Hunter, target, or both?

Welcome! As most of the rest I hunt and shoot 3d and other outdoor setups. Not for the competition but for practice and fun.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:14 AM

Welcome aboard, my wife and I both have a passion for archery. I hunt she does not. We shoot 3-D' s, we are in a Jack and Jill league on a Dart system, I am on a partners league on the same Dart system, and we have shot 3 dot paper leagues. A friend talked us into the paper league and we went to humor him. I thouroughly enjoyed it. The paper league probably did more for my form than any thing else.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am a hunter only. I' ve never shot a 3-d shoot.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:26 AM

I started out with archery to lengthen my time in the woods; basically building archer skills to be a better hunter. Then I started falling in love with shooting a bow and arrow and messed with it pretty much year round. I was lucky enough to become buddies with a local pro and he invited me to shoot indoors with the 4H club in the next county. That kept me shooting year round and I really liked it and was shooting a hunting setup. I started building a target setup and the old guy talked me into trying 3D. Although I only shot the last half of the 3d season last year, I consider it my " rookie" season on the area 3D circuit and I shoot the Open Class (MO). I love 3D and I' m totally hooked.

Last summer I also shot a 2 day FITA and started Bowfishing. Talk about my kind of fun! Giddy up!

I just plain love archery and I' ve successfully made it a year round activity. My friends and family all think I' m ate up with it but realize it has been a very positive addition to my life.

Later!
-Chief

Old 02-24-2003, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve competed in a couple 3D events (won the first one), but nearly 100% of my archery is for bowhunting purposes.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:50 AM

Live to hunt but damn are those 3-D' s fun!!!!! I also have fun with indoor during the winter.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome aboard first, I gun hunted for over 30 years and picked up a bow, took me 3 seasons to get my first bowkill, what a thrill, I also black powder hunt, I have to say that the bow thrills me more each year, I hunted bow the last 2 weeks of our gun season this year. People here are great and with as many years under your belt as you have you should be able to help us all out. Oh right now I am strictly a hunter, maybe one day I will do 3D, but not yet.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunter only but of course use targets to make good hunting shots.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:23 PM

I' m a bowhunter. The only 3D I shoot is on my own 3D range. It is a 60+ yard range with 2 elevated treestand platforms. I have lots of different 3D animal targets staggered around at varying distances. During the winter I go to 2 bowshops and shoot indoors 5 spot targets. Once again only to keep my skills honed for hunting, not in a league format.

Quick Reply: Hunter, target, or both?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.