Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunter, target, or both? >

Hunter, target, or both?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunter, target, or both?

Old 02-23-2003, 09:31 PM

Default Hunter, target, or both?

Hello everyone, I am a new member and just wanted to say ' what a great site.' Seems like a great place to exchange information on equipment, techniques and
ideas pertaining to archery.
I have hunted deer for over thirty years with bow, rifle, and blackpowder. In the past five years or so, bowhunting has become my passion.
After reading many of the post on this site I have a question. Are most of the members hunters, target shooters ( 3-D), or both? Just curious.
I am not an expert on anything, but hopefully I can add some useful information to the site.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunter, target, or both?

Well Welcome to the sight, it is a great place for getting, and sharing information. I' ve noticed a wide variety of users here. Thats one reason its such a great sight. So many fellow hunters with good information, and ideas. Alot here do both target-3D shoot, and hunt. Even that has its own variations. I personally like to do both. I don' t compete seriously in IBO' s, but do hit the local tournaments, and fun shoots. I also target shoot with my same hunting setup. Thats just my perference. So don' t be a stranger, and fee free to help out on anything you know!
Old 02-23-2003, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Buckbuster,
Welcome to the " New and Improved" Huntingnet forums!(We just got a facelift)

You are correct on all accounts concerning the board being a great place to exchange info, stories and make some new friends.

As to your question.......I bowhunt and have shot 3D targets for years as practice for hunting, but this year is going to be the first where I really get into the competition aspect of the sport. I have yet to get into punching paper indoors, although that is calling my name too.

Jump right in here and have fun.........
Old 02-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome. I practice on both targets and have shot some 3d but my only objective is hunting.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:01 PM

I HUNT AND 3D SHOOT...THE 3D SHOOTS ARE JUST FUN AND GREWAT PRACTICE...WELL HUNTING IT IS EVERYTHING FROM SMALL GAME, BIRDS, DEER.
THANKS
Old 02-24-2003, 05:34 AM

Welcome to the Board I' m a hunter and a 3d' er But Hunting is my priority
3d is just to keep the skills sharpened
AL
Old 02-24-2003, 06:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2003, 06:56 AM

Welcome aboard, we can always use a nother member it makes this a more informative place to hang out.
I truley love the sport of bowhunting. I live for the season to come and dread the close of it. i do shoot 3-d but it is for fun and it is a way for me to hone my skills and get my family out in the woods with a bow.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:11 AM

Welcome to the board buckmaster,
i dont shoot in compititions or anything but i do practice with 3-D targets and do shoot alot just to practice to go deer hunting with my bow. I also rifle hunt but injoy going out with my bow more.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buckbuster, welcome to the board. I shoot 3D and hunt. Not real serious into 3D, I like to take my 6 yr old son shooting with me. We have lots of fun, though I do like to shoot good scores. I' ve shot two 5 spot rounds so far. The jury is still out on that, kind of boring. Though it is good for practicing form and concentration.

Quick Reply: Hunter, target, or both?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.