Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treelimb Premium Quiver >

Treelimb Premium Quiver

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treelimb Premium Quiver

Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Treelimb Premium Quiver

Anyone have one of these? I am sending back my octane quiver b/c my rage broadheads stick halfway out of the quiver.

Just wondering if anyone has tried them with rage broadheads?

Thanks!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 PM

Default RE: Treelimb Premium Quiver

I don't have the premium, but I did order the standard Treelimb quiver because I couldn't wait for an Octane quiver. I can tell you that I am not very impressed so far and will be ordering the Octane very soon. First, it is impossible to have the quiver set in a vertical position with my sight because of the quick detach knob. Second, the tree limb hook is really not very big and I don't see it being able to fit on a branch that I will find sturdy enough. The two big complaints that I have are that the holes in the foam for the broadheads are very small and the arrow retention system is junk. I put my Snypers in and can't push them up the whole way because the blades will deploy from the foam. The arrows lock very hard into place but it makes a noticeable sound when loading and removing the arrows. Also, the rubber hooks on each side of the arrows just seem to get in the way and serve no real purpose.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

The premium quivers haven't shipped yet as far asI know. At least I haven't received my firstshipment yet. However, Ireally like the design and will have one on my bow.

What sight do you use BM?

How sturdy of a limb do you need to hold a quiver of arrows? We're not exactly talking about a lot of weight here. It is specifically made that way so that you can use the little screw in hooks and have the "L" turned down in front of the hoodand the quiver will not slide off. There is a reason for the "hangers" design.

The arrow retention system holds all arrows very tightly and the little fingers are there so you can push on them andspread the rubber so that you can silently remove an arrow with little effort and keep from making the popping sound that an arrow makes when it pops out of the grippers. If you are loading arrows while you are in a treestand then you are fumbling around making all kinds of movement and aren't going to be seeing any deer any way.

AS far as the holes in the hood go....I guess you can't please every one but it sure wouldn't take much effort to make them the size that you want. I mean, I have slotted thesolid blocks of foam so that mechanical blades didn't open when inserting into the hood.

If used that way the quiver was designed IMO it is one of the better designed quivers in the $30 price range.

IMO the only thingI think they need to improve upon is the gripper needs to be a touch wider to spread the fletchings out a little.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM

I have a Sword Apex Micro 3rd plane sight on the bow and the knobb is a little too big to allow the quiver to sit vertically. I am glad that the quiver is able to be set in 3 different positions or it wouldn't have worked at all for me.

As far as the hanger design goes... I personally don't like to carry a screw in hanger around with me when using my climber all of the time, I would rather use a limb to hold the quiver and it would take a rather small limb to fit into the slot. Granted, the quiver doesn't way much, but load it with arrows and hang it on a windy day and I could see there possibly being a problem. I am sure that it will work fine most of the time, but I wouldn't want my quiver to slip and fall when I have a big buck at 20 yards.

The foam insert.... yeah, I could slot the foam and it would be an easy fix, but it would be much easier if Treelimb would have thought about it before hand. Also, the holes aren't as deep as the pictures would indicate, and my Snypers blades are exposed when inserted. Yet again, it could be fixed, but it would have been nice for it to have been thought of when being designed.

The arrow grips don't just make noise when loading, they make it when removing an arrow. The tabs do make it quieter, but there is still a little pop sound. Also, if I had to take a follow up shot on a deer, I don't want to have to grab the quiver with both hands, use one to fold back a tab, and use the other to remove the arrow. That is way too much fumbling around, and that would be the cause for the deer to take off.

I can say that I like the quiver bracket and the two folding arms to remove the quiver, they are very nice compared to quivers like the Kwikee quivers and Alpine BearClaw.

I personally feel that overall it is a decent quiver, but it has its draw backs. Call me picky, but I want my gear to perform exactly how I want it to, and the Treelimb doesn't. I have nothing against the quiver, and it will actually be going onto my girlfriends bow, I just think that there are several better quivers in the same price range, and several that are far superior for more money.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Tree limb standard, was all excited about it, It looks Awesome, but as said befor im nottoo impressed, the locking system isnt that great and it's a pain to get the arrows in and out, I wish i wouldve went with the Soft-Loc
Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 PM

I just got the octane and was planning to use the rage this year, thanks for the post i'll look into it