Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife or hunting? >

Wife or hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife or hunting?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wife or hunting?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Quik's post got me to thinking.....

IF your wife/girlfriend laid down the ulimatum.....what would your choice be?

Her.......or hunting?

unequivocally.........I'd choose "her".
If I were married to a woman that would actually give methat ultimatum, then I'd have to say that I made one HUGE mistake when I married her.

Hypothetically speaking though, ifMY wife actually said that to me, then I'd know something was terribly wrong with ME, and the choice would be "her" also. It wouldbe painful,but that'd be my choice.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Like most others have said, if my wife gave me an ultimatum, she would lose every time regardless.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Dominant Buck

If I were married to a woman that would actually give methat ultimatum, then I'd have to say that I made one HUGE mistake when I married her.

Hypothetically speaking though, ifMY wife actually said that to me, then I'd know something was terribly wrong with ME, and the choice would be "her" also. It wouldbe painful,but that'd be my choice.
I'm with ya LC.

Just thought it would be interesting....because we hear guys talka lot about being "nagged", "chided", etc...

I married a peach.....and she'd never do this to me. But....if she did...I'd agree it would be because I'd neglected her to apoint that she felt no recourse.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM

I have never been put in that situation, howvever, my wife does get sick of it sometimes. I talk about it, I read about iot, Im on here and sometimes she gets annoyed, and rightfully so, Im sick about it, but if I was faced with it, I would go with the wife, she is the mother of my children for God's sake!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats funny cause when I was 22 I got married and after 10 yrs she informed me that I didn't need to hunt because we don't need the food and I wasn't no kid and didn't need to be tropping around in the woodsand I need to be more constructive with my time. (?) I informed her that if she really loved me she wouldn't ask me to give something up that I enjoyed. To make a boring story short shes gone now and I have'nt missed a hunting season since. Best trade off I ever made.

Bobby

p.s. Somethings are just non-negotialble

Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

She wouldn't have ever became my wife if she didn't except the fact that I hunted and would take the kids hunting too.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you wife or girlfriend gave you that ultimatum then chances are you don't have a very good relationship. Like was said earlier, if you have a strong relationship, you wouldn't be put into that position to begin with.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

But I guess it really depends on what she wants you to stay home for!!!! She may be having naughty thoughts.... hmmmmm Now what do you boys have to say about that little twist?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:15 AM

To me this shouldn't even be a question. I am still young and not near a marrying age, but I do knowabout a thing called PRIORITIES. Although I do havea deep passion for hunting, some things are more important.

But I do believe that if you are ready tomarry someone, you should know and understand each other's passions. And at that stage, you should have already accepted them. I would think that would be part of the reason you love someone enough to marry them.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM

Hunting. But NOT because it's more important to me than she is. If she thinks so little of me that she asks for me to give up the one thing in life I enjoy.....She doesn't think much of me.

Quick Reply: Wife or hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.