Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wife or hunting? >

Wife or hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wife or hunting?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Wife or hunting?

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I've already discussed this with my wife and told her that if ever put in that position I would stand by my commitment and oath to her and God and stay with her and quit hunting. The caveat to that I told her is that I would be so miserable and my contempt and resentment toward her for putting me through that would be so great that she wouldn't want to be with me anymore anyway.

It's safe to say that she'll never put our relationship in that position.
Good point, in all honsety I would do the same.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

If she laid down the law like that and she knew how much hunting means to me I would say she has some issue's and need to seek proffessional help either a lawer or doctor.So I will keep hunting.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

My wife married me as a hunter .... if she laid down an ultimatum after the fact, there would be other issues at the root of it that hadNOTHING to do with hunting ....
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Quik's post got me to thinking.....

IF your wife/girlfriend laid down the ulimatum.....what would your choice be?

Her.......or hunting?

unequivocally.........I'd choose "her".
I will give you some life advice free of charge. If anyone gives you an ultimatum they are using it as a weapon against you. If you give in once, they will do it to you again and again. Until you are nothing but a slave doing their bidding. Anyone who truly loves you would never use this tactic. If your wife does this to you I suggest that you choose hunting because your relationship is well on its way to divorce anyway.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting- my wife knew what i was all about 18 years ago when she meet me , has created issues at times but nothing major
Old 05-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Her.......or hunting?

I will give you some life advice free of charge. If anyone gives you an ultimatum they are using it as a weapon against you. If you give in once, they will do it to you again and again. Until you are nothing but a slave doing their bidding. Anyone who truly loves you would never use this tactic. If your wife does this to you I suggest that you choose hunting because your relationship is well on its way to divorce anyway.
magicman will be on "The View" next Wednesday[8D]
Old 05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no ultimatum period. When we met 11 years ago I loved hunting she fell in love with me and I fell in love with her. If it ever came to it I would pick hunting cause there would be more to it than just picking one because she knows its what I love! I agree with Matt(RJ) if it got to that point the relationship is downhill anyways! I will say this though my wife is going back to school for her nursing degree so hunting is gonna take a hit this year and for 4 years but still there is not an ultimatum!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Her.......or hunting?

As a Host or a guest???
Old 05-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Her.......or hunting?

I'm more of a Jerry Springer guy
Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I honestly can't see my wife giving me the ultimatum unless something really needed my attention, like a sickness or something. In that case, there would be no need to make decision.

Quick Reply: Wife or hunting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.