Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cameras Stolen

Old 05-05-2008, 10:03 PM

Default Cameras Stolen

So I put up my scouting cameras Saturday night, and went to check them this evening and both of them where gone. This just pisses me off; I wish I could catch the person that took them. For those of you wondering what type of cameras they were, I had2 Moultrie I60 cameras. I figure I am out at least $600 not counting the memory cards, batteries, and mounting equipment.

Some people should really be......(I will let you finish the sentence)

Thanks for listening to me vent.

C

Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cameras Stolen

I hate thieves. Thats the biggest reason I don't use cameras. When I find one I leave them a picture. I find a lot of them. I usually know who put them out.
I hope you find the jerk!
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been victim to this as well. I saw one of my old cameras while taking down a stand on Friday and didn't bother grabbing it since it's an old 35mm. I haven't used one in four years now and don't know that I will since they seem to get stolen where I put them. Sorry to hear though, I have felt the pain in the wallet and sadness that my fellow outdoorsmen are disrespecting.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ouch, that really sucks! I hate thieves, all thieves!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 05-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats why I dont invest too much money into treestands and cameras. I cant afford to lose 600.00 in cameras and stands.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:35 AM

I PUT MINE IN METAL BOXES AND USE LAG BOLT INTERNALLY....IF THEY TAKE THE TIME TO GET IT, IT MIGHT NOT WORK WHEN THERE DONE. THAT WOULD BE ALOT OF CUTTING.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:39 AM

SHOULD BE EASY TO FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE... GO BACK AND MOUNT A FAKE LOOKING CAMERA TO A TREE IN THE AREA AND MOUNT A REAL CAMERA HIGH IN THE TREE LINE LOOKING DOWN AT IT USING A CLIMBING TREE STAND. CHECK IT DAILY. YOU WILL FIND OUT WHO IS USING THE AREA REAL QUICK. CAMO IT WELL. LEAVE A NOTE IN THE FAKE CAMERA STATING PLEASE RETURN THE OTHER CAMERAS....THINGS JUST MIGHT WORK OUT.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thats why i dont leave expensive gadgets on my property, just like I don't leave my lawnmower sitting out in my yard overnight. Just not a perfect world where you can cut their hands off for something like that.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Thats why i dont leave expensive gadgets on my property, just like I don't leave my lawnmower sitting out in my yard overnight. Just not a perfect world where you can cut their hands off for something like that.
I despise thieves. Even if welived in that "perfect world", I'd be willing to bet you there'd be some jerkswith no hands running around barefoot so they could steal with their toes.

I had the unfortunate experience on one of my ships to have one of these guys working for me for a while, only he was a stupid thief. He'd steal anything. I put him on report the first time for taking someones uniforms, and (GET THIS) lining their name out with a stencil pen and free-handing his name just above it. The second time was the clincher. One of my other guys came running to theshop early in the morning and told me I needed to head down to the berthing. There was this guy, bigger than life, standing there in a pair of skivvies with someone else's name on them. We then inventoried his locker and found just about everything that had gone missing during the deployment. He went home soon after that.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am feeling your pain. I had over $3000 worth of equipment stolen in 2004 between camera and stands. Just one more reason why tresspassers should be thrown in the streets and beat like bad dogs.

Quick Reply: Cameras Stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.