Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Bowhunters Salary >

The Bowhunters Salary

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
19,000 or Less
7.94%
20,000 to 29,000
8.99%
30,000 to 39,000
12.70%
40,000 to 49,000
11.64%
50,000 to 59,000
16.93%
60,000 to 74,000
11.64%
75,000 - Plus
30.16%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

The Bowhunters Salary

Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Bowhunters Salary

My vote was gross as well.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad is anOwner/Operator trucker and last year, his fuel bill for the year was $85,000. If fuel didn't take so much, he would be living well...................
Old 05-05-2008, 01:47 PM

I don't make near enough thats for sure. But im slowly digging out of a hole that was created from getting a divorce and being laid off for 6 months.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do alright but its never enough now is it! I get a pension & health insurance for me and the boy, which is very important to me. I also was able to get paid to travel the world for the past 18 years, I've been to some pretty cool places which I NEVER would of been to in another job. Even the touring, constant traveling part of my Job got tiresome so I retired from the road again!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would be willing to bet that even though this is anonymous, the results are definitely stretched. Just a guess though, I could be wrong.

It's kinda funny, because of thenumber of people in the thread that responded to what they were going to do with their $600 from the government (economic stimulus)and now there arean awful lot of us sayingthey make $75k+..........
RJ nailed it with this one; my thoughts exactly.

People who earn six figures are in the top 5% of income earners in the country. Any time this question is asked, it always seems like we've got 3% of the 5% of the country here on this board.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pheasantfanatic

My dad is anOwner/Operator trucker and last year, his fuel bill for the year was $85,000. If fuel didn't take so much, he would be living well...................
I know exactly what your dad is going through being I'm an owner/operator as well! My diesel fuel bill is right around 70,000 dollars right now a year, thats with one truck on the road putting 220 miles on a day 7 days a week. If diesel was even as cheap as gas I could be making allot more money!!!!!!! You people that burn gas consider yourself lucky compared to what I and others have to pay for in diesel. I lost 20,000 grand just last year alone because of the huge rise in the diesel price.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Actually.....the numbers don't surprise me that much. And as far as the stimulus package goes.....the adjusted gross income is what that's based on (I think.....based on doing my taxes, recently). I would think there were those who would make over $75K gross that would be eligible. I also think that the amt. goes down (and starts at $600) for those making more than $75K.

All a big guess, though[&:]
Old 05-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

My dad is an Owner/Operator trucker and last year, his fuel bill for the year was $85,000. If fuel didn't take so much, he would be living well...................
I know exactly what your dad is going through being I'm an owner/operator as well! My diesel fuel bill is right around 70,000 dollars right now a year, thats with one truck on the road putting 220 miles on a day 7 days a week. If diesel was even as cheap as gas I could be making allot more money!!!!!!! You people that burn gas consider yourself lucky compared to what I and others have to pay for in diesel. I lost 20,000 grand just last year alone because of the huge rise in the diesel price.

Damn Schultzy! Thats a serious hit you took, I fell for ya bro! I hate going to the gas station and couldn't imagine having to deal with it the way you have to!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck mine was a gross vote with all my overtime!!!! I am just a poor Deputy!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Yeah, dad's truck runs about 700 miles a day. He hauls distillers grain from the local ethanol plant and is really busy with that. The truck has to run 7 days a week, but he has 2 drivers hired that drive 2 days out of the week so he can take a break and keep the logbook legal.(if that is possible......)

Fuel is killing us right now, but at least it makes ends meet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.